Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy OWWIE! =/

So I had my appt today for my first fill. As many of you know, I had flipped my port like a week out from surgery...cuz I'm just so cool like that. I had been PRAYING that I would be able to get a fill and NOT need surgery to go back in and surgically fix it...

Well, prayers answered! But I found out the VERY painful way. So X-rays and all that jazz showed it had flipped...or atleast came unsutured and was right under my skin. So that is where we went for it...with the ginormous fill needle.

-sigh-

Found out...after a few pokes, a lot of pushing (pushed down on my BAND..that felt odd), and some very painful stabbing into my abdominal muscles...that what we believed was my port...was scar tissue!!! Very hard scar tissue.

My port was about 2 and 1/2 inches 'southwest' of the scar tissue, found by poking, proding, and a lovely ultrasound...still attached to my abdominal wall...like it should be. =D

WAHOOO!!!!!

So...no surgery...and I got a 1cc fill (which I watched on the UltraSound screen!), I had 1.5 in there...so I now have 2.5cc in a 10cc band. I go back in May before I go to the mainland for another 1cc fill..I am on 72 hours of liquids. BLAH.

Dr. Lim is very happy with my weight-loss...he seems to think that I will do okay with this...which is VERY reassuring!! He leaves in the end of May to deploy for a year to Afghanistan...so I will have a new Doctor when I come back from my summer in FL.

"Operation Find The Port" hurt like hell...my tummy in bruised. =( I have felt like poo since...cuz it huuuurrrtttsss. I have a support meeting in the AM, so the clothing will be mailed out after I get kiddo from school- around 1230PM.

I will send those of you who are getting stuff an email when it is sent out...From Hawaii it normally takes about a week...cuz we are all the way out in the middle of the darn Pacific Ocean.

I love ya'll...I do. You guys are totally amazing...ALL OF YOU. You bring me up when I am down...and help and support me when I need it the most...

This is an amazing community of people...I am so glad I joined in!

xoxox,
Nikki

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm so glad you didn't need to have anymore surgery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best news. Nicer though if you hadn't had to find out the hard way lol ouch! Poor you. Still, good ending though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you didn't need the Surgery!

    Sorry that you had to endure so much pain and agony getting the Fill though!

    Hopefully he diagrammed where it is located at, in your chart for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god it hadnt flipped!!!! I am terrified of this... Sorry it was so painful I hope it settles very quickly!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic it hadn't actually flipped, but OUCH to your fill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that was a relief! Glad it all turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you did not need surgerybut that does bit diminish your pain,,, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great you did not have to have another surgery. I love the new background by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that it worked out in the end and you don't need surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki, I am so glad your port situation worked out, now you are on your way to a new you :)

    I love your new blog layout, very Springlike!

    I am leaving on my Hawaii cruise in two weeks. We will dock at three islands, Hilo, Honolulu, Kauai, Lahaina. We will have to most free time in Honolulu. Have any must-see tips for me? I'd appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you didn't have a flipped port!! Did you get numbed before you had your fill? My doctor asked me if I wanted a bit of numbing agent before he went in...Of course i did. I am a wimp that way!

    Glad to hear you got your fill!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so glad they were able to find your port and give you a fill but i'm sorry it hurt so bad. i'm really afraid of my first fill. freaks me out just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dee-

    Of course! I am totally gonna send you to some of the most touristy spots though, but it is because they are GORGEOUS!

    -Diamond Head Crater-if you can/want to hike. The view from the top is AMAZING! Pay for parking...free entry.

    -Haunama Bay- Great place to go snorkeling. There is a place near it called the toilet bowl/blow hole, its like a tide pool that 'flushes and pushes up' as it goes in and out...pretty cool...this is 5 or so bucks to get in.

    There are some great restaurants in Waikiki. They have a Jimmy Buffets. A place that sells cheeseburgers (that are to die for)

    Send me an email: mrs.maitre328@gmail.com

    I can give you addresses and more details....how long are you gonna be in Honolulu for? I can give you more stuff....if you want.

    xoxox,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete