I went to my OB registration appt on Friday....The nurse that did my reg was so sweet. Fun, lively, bubbly and awesome...but, I dunno...something just didn't seem riiiiiight...(I am totally kidding...she was amazing...you will see the story below...)
I mentioned my Lap-Band surgery...because really it is my biggest concern in this whole process of pregnancy. I was supposed to wait until May of 2011 before I started trying to get pregnant...and funny thing is...that is when I am due!
Anyways...she said she didn't see why I needed the Lap-Band...I didn't look big, and I didn't look like that I was ever heavy enough to need such surgery. I laughed. I mentioned that I weigh 235 at the moment she said that I didn't look it. Gosh, I swear I just wanted to take her home and keep her in my pocket for that little pick me up when I need it!
Found out because of the little band in my belly that I am considered "COB" aka Complicated (high risk) OB. This is because of the small possibility of slower or limited growth of the fetus due to limited caloric intake...which the OB nurse said is unlikely...cuz baby takes before mommy gets...so if anything, its me that they have to monitor more.
I have my first REAL OB appt on the 25th...this is when I get a head to toe exam (Oh joy..lady parts will be poked and prodded) AND AND AND I get to hear the baby's heart beat!! OMG. I am so so so so excited for this! I am going to try to record it on my phone!!!
I should be able to find out the sex of the baby before I leave Hawaii for Christmas...which would be awesome...get to tell everyone what it is when I go home for a visit...I have a feeling that it's a boy...which is what hubby and I want...kiddo wants a girl...but I dont think she realizes once the lil one is old enough to play play with her...she is gonna be 13 and not really care all that much. =/
On the eating front...I have been BAAAAD. Today started the new and improved diet...aka...eating what I am supposed to!! I learned that sweet tasting things are what is making me nauseated...which I guess is a good thing...although its not always sugar based stuff...things such as specific flavors of Crystal Light, sometimes peanut butter, SF Popsicles, SF jams...and of course the sweets- candy, sweet sodas (Which I am allowed to have soda because of the carbonation helping with nausea...lmao@how things change after pregnancy), cakes and such... Eh...I will live...this I am sure of.
Off to bed!!
xoxox,
Nikki
How exciting finding out the sex of the baby before Christmas its hard to believe how quickly this year is going! xx
ReplyDeleteI saw your facebook badge and sent a request totally understand if you decline... K is my middle name.. Fb intials FT.. xx
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Hearing the heartbeat is the best. Enjoy every minute.
ReplyDelete