Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SUPER quick...and a NSV!!!

So I am in Florida for Christmas and New Years...So I have a HUGE lack of internet access. I am staying with my Grandma, who still has AOL...ON DIAL UP...So, not too many posts will be happening.

I managed to go to South FL with a girlfriend, and we are staying at a hotel, and well...TA-DA...Free wireless internet..SO...here I am! :)

I still dunno what I am going to do about the surgery...which one I am gonna go for...it is a HUGE decision, and right now I am still on the fence...I guess it is really depending if I can get someone to come out to Hawaii for 4 weeks in order for me to get the bypass...I guess it is a lot more invasive and requires a significant more amount of help after.

I have read everyone's concerns with the bypass...and believe me, I have those too! I guess the reason why I am so considering it is because at Tripler (The Army Medical Center where I would be having it done) has been doing it for 15 years, and has never had any patients with any complications above a wound infection, and that is weeks after the patient is home, so it is kinda their issue for not cleaning it right. No leaking, No significan long lasting pain, No deaths, No revisions needed...

I dunno...I am still at a cross-road...and I continue to pray about it. :)


So...I am about 12 pounds down from when I started...I didnt think that was such a HUGE deal...But holy moly! We went to Sawgrass yesterday, and they have a Gap outlet...for shits and giggles...I tried on a pair of pants...a 20, but a MISSES 20 (its the biggest size they carry)...

and I'll be darned...

They pulled up over my thighs....

AND my hips....

AND OMG! They zipped and buttoned!

I could even do the "squat test" (You know...you squat down to see if you can breathe or if they rip...)!!!

I mean, they are a TAD bit snug...but I bought em!

I cried...I could zip a regular store pair of pants...that hasnt happened since High School...I was like 17...that's...uhhh...8 years!? Very emotional...

So, I had a sangria with dinner...pretty good I may add. :)

Well...off to another glorious day of shopping!

If I dont get on again...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! <3

xoxox,
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic NSV Nikki!!! Always great when you can buy something off the rack in a normal store!

    About the Surgery dilemma, just research it to death! Go online & check out sites that discuss both good & bad results. That's what I did.

    But if your surgery center has such a good reputation, then maybe you would be one of the lucky ones & not have any difficulties!! But ultimately, it is your decision & I don't envy you having to make it by yourself.

    Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you. We will be here for you either way!!

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the best feeling in the world when you can fit into a new size you never thought you would be able to. Congrats and enjoy your Florida stay. Enjoy the warm weather :) and Merry Christmas to you.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete