Monday, January 11, 2010

What the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks was I thinking?!

Or...better yet...why wasn't I thinking?

I ended up stopping out for breakfast...which is like BIG no no 101 according to my nutritionist at this stage in the game. BUT I figured what the hell...I forgot to eat at home, and I need something because I am getting this pain in my tummy...

ANYWAYS.

I got a McMuffin from Mickey D's...OH BOY OH BOY...It did taste so magnificent and wonderful and DELSIH going down. Then off to Honolulu I go...which with traffic took me about an hour. I got to my dermatologists office...and then...out of no where...(TMI AHEAD!!) My damn stomach starts bubbling and gurgling...and I am sure we all know where this is going...so I will say it 'nicely'...I am officially cleaned out. Something that tasted so heavenly has me feeling like CRAP. Talk about a negative reinforcement if I want it or not! I can promise I wont be doing that again for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time....

Better news...

I took myself to the gym today. Was on the treadmil for 30 mins...til my knees started to hurt and I called it a day...30 mins a day is where I need to get back to, then I can up it...

While on that treadmil, I saw so many women that were slim and trim and...hell...had amazing bodies. I was feeling a bit of the green eyed monster, yup that good ol' jealousy and envy.

I will say though, that this 11-12 pounds that I have lost so far, has totally changed my outlook. I mean, yes...12 pounds isnt a HUGE amount...but It definatly can boost some esteem. I mean, I will admit, I did go a LIL overboard with shopping when I was home...BUT (this is how I justify it) it is damn near impossible to find plus sizes on this island...so I had to shop for 20's and 18's while I could...I got TANK TOPS and fitting jeans and sexy tops...things that I never wanted to be seen dead in before.

My friends call me a 'picture whore' because I have ALWAYS taken a ton of pix...I mean I have like a MILLION albums on my facebook and myspace...more recent ones on my FB tho....and I am like, well, now that I will be getting healthy and slimming down...it is about time I start to LIKE being in pictures and LOVE how I look in them. Sure I took them and what not, but it was only from certain angles that I liked seeing myself in...I am starting to look at all angles now, because I want to be able to SEE my weight loss...I want to be able to chronicle the change from Plus Size Awesome Me to Slimmer Sexier Awesome Me! (I am really getting into this tooting my own horn thing...I found a mirror compact at Old Navy that says "Hello Gorgeous!" on the outside!) I think all this changing is making me realize how awesome and amazing that I am now...and that ONLY BETTER things are to come...

OMG! I almost forgot!!! I am also getting more WORK. Yes I am a crazy lady...I like going to work. Or I miss going to work, I should say. Up until my surgery they want me to work as many hours a week that I can...which is VERY exciting...because Tuesdays is the only day I am unavailable...WOOT WOOT!

Okay...I am outta here for now...

xoxox
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Hey, 12 pounds is 12 pounds and before you know it, other ladies will be eying you off on the treadmill and thinking, "Damn! But that girl looks skinny!!"

    Sorry to hear about your food episode. I don't think one of us escapes it at any one time. It's the crap side of the band lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO I cannot WAIT til I am one of those ppl. LOL

    Sadly, I have learned, thru reading, that this is a bad side of the band...I dont even have mines yet :( Sometime next month or in March...Dunno yet...but I can ONLY imagine of the hurdles that are to come...THANK GOODNESS for you ladies that all blog and the insight and stuff that you give!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean about the skinny girls in the gym - it is crawling with them! But one day we will be there too!

    Sorry but the McD's story made me laugh! This would be much worse with a band! Talk about negative reinforcement...

    Anyway, good for you getting on that treadmill despite the skinnies!

    ReplyDelete