Monday, January 11, 2010

Things change....so I hear...

Things change with this lil piece of equipment I am gonna be getting very soon... I hear that tastes change (in what you used to like and used to hate...food wise), outlooks on life change, shirt/dress/and pant sizes change, ring sizes change, shoe sizes change, the ability to wear heels for a longer period of time changes...All these changes to look forward too...


I wonder...Does klutzy-ness change?

I swear, I must have the grace and balance of a 3-legged elephant. I must be the only human being on the planet that can take something so easy and simple as washing the car, and come out looking like I got my ass beat.

Allow me to explain...It is kinda funny to me now...so you can giggle...I won't beat you...I swear!


There I was..I had vacuumed out the car and was washing it. On base, they have a place like the drive up self wash car washes that they have on the mainland...this one is just on base...so there are TONS of military men washing their tough trucks and beloved luxury cars..and I am here, with my 6 year old, washing my 4 door Hyundai. I am doing GOOD...getting all this horrid red clay dirt stuff off the car...kiddo is enjoying the mist that comes off the car when I am spraying it with the water... I am done with one side of the car...so I put the brush thingy-ma-jig back...walk around the front of the car to change to the water to rinse...and riiiight as I get to the front of the car to reach up and change that dial....



SPLAT!!!!


I am looking up at the ceiling/roof/sky.

COVERED in red yucky dirt mud clay stuff.

Yup...I fell.

HARD.

I think I bounced!

Hit my noggin on the bumper of the car (lightly...just enough to get a smidge of an annoying headache), scraped up my right palm and hurt my right elbow/wrist, banged/bruised/scraped up my left knee, shin, ankle and top of my foot.


SEE! What did I tell you! Grace and balance of a 3-legged elephant.

Sadly...no dashing soldier came to my rescue...they were probably too busy trying to figure out how I go from walking to being flat on the floor, or giggling (like my 6 year old was..."Wow mommy! You bounced! Can I try?!")to lend a hand...which kinda pisses me off. But...whatever. I am alive and well...a lil beaten up...but nothing a few aleve and a night sleep shouldn't fix (although I am totally sure I will be WAY more sore in the AM, after laying still for a few hours of sleep)...

I learned a VALUABLE lesson today...


DO NOT WASH A CAR IN FLIP FLOPS! Whatever you may be thinking...DO NOT DO IT! This is my first taste of having to do a thing like this for myself (kiddo and I have messed around with soap and a sponge, but never reeeaaaallllyyyy washed it)...My hubby always washed and cleaned out the car for me...But I figured, 3 months after him being gone...that I should learn...seriously.

And learn I did...


-sigh-

Well...off to the land of dreams...

xoxox,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki, I really feel your pain!! I too did this in the past! I learned to take off the flip flops & wash it barefooted!!

    I can't believe that not one of the men were men enough, or at least gentlemanly enough to help you up & make sure you were ok!!

    Glad to hear that your daughter is back with you. Can't wait to hear when your Surgery is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flip flops got me once too. Took a step down off the pool deck, two small boys in the pool playing, my fat arse in a bathing suit, next thing I know I'm splatted out on the cement patio and my one ankle is swelling up like a goose egg. I dragged myself up the back steps, into the house, to call the neighbor for help ~ I'm rescued, driven to ER, fractured bone, two air casts, cruches...oh joy gotta love slippery when wet flip flops they go where you don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you laughed at me not to long ago for falling on my knee... due to flip flops... I shall return the favor! lol!

    I love ya Nik!

    Remember about the convo last nite, how things will not taste the same... NO MORE SUSHI FOR YOU!

    :) Love ya and I will call you later!

    ReplyDelete