Also known as...stroking the ego....LOL
So when I talked to Yvette and found out that my surgery is going down this month, I expressed my concern with the whole weight thing. They require you to lose 5% before surgery. I weighed in at 257 on Saturday, which I am sure everyone that read that blog knows...When I weigh in at home...I am in the nude...after I pee...first thing in the AM before food or drink touches my lips...When I weigh in at the hospital...I am clothed, and it is normally middle of the day, so I have eaten...today I was 261. I told Yvette that I didn't want to NOT have it because I cant meet this STUPID 5% crap because I eat breakfast and lunch....
She told me to call Ben and stroke the ego. LOL. Tell him that I am concerned that I am flip flopping between these two numbers and that I dont want this to be my determining factor, and if there is anything he can suggest for me to be able to be at the 5% by Tuesday the 9th when I go see him...
So I did. I called Ben...left him a voice mail...and had a very decent heart to heart when he called me back around 5PM....I told him my concern, and that I didn't want to lose out on my chances because I am unable to get to that weight in time. I made him feel in control...which is what I was told to do.
Ben told me to go on a High Protien Full Liquid Diet...starting Wednesday Morning. Tomorrow night after my girlfriend gets in, we are going out for my "last meal" at PF Changs. Then it is only the stuff I was told I can have: protien shakes, milk, soy milk, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, water, crystal light, brothy soups or just low fat creamy soups with no chunks, fat free yogurt, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, and grits...with protien powder in everything that I can stick it in. 4 ounces every hour...and no drinking for 30 mins after, unless of course...it was water or something.
I can do this! I am strong...I want this and damnit...I am DETERMINED! I will also be more prepared for my surgery...which is looking like the 18th or the 23rd...I dont know yet! WOW....soo sooo soooooo close...
xoxox,
Nikki
Congratulations!!!! You're on your way :-)
ReplyDeleteThe pre-op diet isn't easy - but it's all for a good cause
All the best
You can do it! Believe me, I know it's hard, but seeing the scale drop is so worth it, thats my motivation!!
ReplyDeleteGood Job.. and you certainly can do this and be on your way.. we are all rooting for you.. remember one day at a time..be well
ReplyDeletenikki, i was able to lose 13 pounds in 2 weeks on my pre-op diet - it was damn hard, though, the hardest thing I've done related to this surgery.
ReplyDeleteYou can look at my blog from december 8-22 to see what I did.
The things I would say about what you are planning is a) stay away from things like cream of wheat and mashed potatoes. They are pure carbs. They are good for recovery foods after surgery, but not for pre-op. b) it doesn't have to be totally liquid - veggies were key for my survival. stick to low carb veggies (I am sure you can google a list) and you'll have something to chomp on!
I also included some very very lean chicken, white meat, boiled - pure protein, low fat, and fills you up!