Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hurry up and wait already!!!

That is the name of the game...and has been, especially since the civilian to military transition...hurry hurry hurry...then waaaaiiitttt. eh.

I am waiting on my girlfriend's plane to come it...planning on being an hour late of the original itinerary, because of maintenence I guess. Oh well...So we wont be getting to dinner til fairly late...like 745ish...Kali will love it because she gets to stay up later than usual...so whatev.

I went to the gyno today, got put on Yaz...I guess I need to be on birth control so I don't get preggo within the first year of my surgery...granted yes...hubby is deployed...BUT...R&R is coming up...and I need to get into the habit of taking it...so we dont have an oopsies in April. (Although I would totally welcome it, cuz after YEARS of trying...it would be okay with me...not so much with my dietician or medical team...)

I am excited. Pre-op appt is next week, the 9th, as of right now. That is the day I find out my ACTUAL date of surgery...which would be either the 18th or 22nd...wow...thats so soon.

I start the Full Liquid High Protein Diet tomorrow...and I noticed the suggestions from Yana (I copied em all down!!) on what to do...so I ran it by my nutrition guy...because if it is one thing that I have learned its that everyones "band-team" recommends different stuff...and he said nope. No chicken...nothing of that nature...I mentioned my conern with the carb content of the potatoes and the cream of wheat...He said, get the whole grain high fiber cream of wheat and that its only 4oz...so it won't do damage...in fact if I can slam it full of the unflavored protien powder then the better...but then again, I am only to go to those things when the other stuff just isnt cuttin it...He also said to call him is I am just dying of hunger...

I am more excited about this than I thought...I have seen peoples blogs on losing 10-18 pounds on this pre-op diet thingy...WOW...to be in the low to mid 250's by next week would be awesome...(I am figuring 5-9 pounds because its a week til I see him...not 2)

Well...I am going to try to kill some time before I have to go get Sabrina! YAY!!!


xoxox,
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be so close! I think you were wise to check with your nutritionist. It's funny how there are so many different sets of guidelines depending on who your band team is.

    ReplyDelete