Monday, February 22, 2010

At a crossroads.....

I totally forgot to post yesterday! We had a bit of an adventure, going around the island....just sight seeing...got tapped in the bumper by a lady. No damage to car or anyone in it...just scared us!

Church was great....got a lot out of the message....mainly about BEING a Christian ALL the time...not only when in the eyes and ears of church people...and being REAL. I decided that I need to make some serious changes in my life...to make it right with the Lord. First on the list- KILL THE POTTY MOUTH!!!!!

I curse like a sailor...I do. HORRID. I am supposed to be a young lady...and here I am f*bombing, sh*t, and all that other stuff. I have a lovely little 6 year old at home...who I swear around. Her attitude is crap...and it should be...I have not been a very good influence lately...I mean, I love on her and give her hugs and kisses...but I do swear...a lot. I am sure it confuses the day lights out of her! My anger is BAD...so my theory is...if I can reign in the potty mouth...the anger will begin to subside...because I have to think of constructive ways to make the statements I want to...

I am doing this daily weight thing. Steppin on it every day. I am beginning to like my scale...mainly because it is going DOWN. 245 this morning. That is INSANE. Granted, my belly is still swollen from my surgery...and will be again after I get the port fixed and sewn back down....but wow...245. I wore a size XL shirt to church yesterday...granted it was a little tight...and I was pudgin...but darnit!! It was an XL!!!!

I got another crossroad...besides the above cursing....or its more of a dilemma...maybe...I don't know what to make of it.

So here I am, 10 days post op. I go for my official post op appt tomorrow. I then go see my nutritionist, Ben. Well...I may be moved to pureed tomorrow...depending on how I am doing hunger wise. How am I doing hunger wise? I am not hungry. I know I will be eventually...and its mainly because I am going INSANE. I want to CHEW. I want MEAT! I want chicken and fish sooooooo bad. I mean...I want it BAD.

I don't want to lie and say that I am starving...because I am not...but I feel like if I don't get moved on and chew,  that I will go bonkers! LOL. I know that they want to keep me on liquids as long as I can tolerate it and as long as it keeps me full so that I can continue the fast weight-loss...I wonder if I can get him to agree to allow me to have like meat at dinner ONLY. Like do the crock-pot chicken or pulled beef, freeze it in little portions, like 2oz or what not..and do it for dinner ONLY. Think he will go for it? Goodness I hope so!!!

Off to reload my Starbucks card.....LOL!

xoxox,
Nikki

7 comments:

  1. Tropical flavored SF popsicles...saved me...you can CHEW them!!!

    You're doing great!...mmmmmushies...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that he will allow you to go to mushies!!

    I love the new blog look, Nikki!! Gorgeous flowers and hearts.

    PS)You need to update your weight goals. You are almost at 30 lbs and you still have it only showing 10 lbs reached!! I know, because I had to update mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Band Groupie- I can't chew cold things...gives me the willies!! LOL...although I LOVE SF Tropical popsicles!

    @Debi- I am using the amounts in my goals for weight loss *since* surgery....I know I am almost 30 down (YAY!) I tell my hubby EVERY day...I think he may be sick of hearing it....lol...

    Thanks for liking the new blog! I wanted something happy and PINK...and still lovey...cuz I love love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the blog was new! I like it too.

    Church is one of the other things you and I have in common. I have another blog if you'd like to read it - it's my Christian blog (look at my profile and you'll see it).

    I'd love to chew too. I really do know what you mean! It's crazy how much you miss doing something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the blog was new! I like it too.

    Church is one of the other things you and I have in common. I have another blog if you'd like to read it - it's my Christian blog (look at my profile and you'll see it).

    I'd love to chew too. I really do know what you mean! It's crazy how much you miss doing something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get the ok to CHEW!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nikki,

    You could do like I did and have two tickers for weight loss! I have one that shows total weight loss and the other shows weight loss since Surgery!! It makes it easier for me too.

    ReplyDelete