Saturday, February 27, 2010

Non-eventful...and sliming???

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts, I really think God was listening...because it was truly uneventful. We had small waves...the bays emptied and filled back up a few times, exposing coral and fish...but nothing really devastating. Thank you all! I am keeping those in Chile and the rest of the Pacific Rim in my prayers though, as they are not finished yet....


So, today was the day...I decided to try shredded chicken. I had been craving and I figured what the heck, because Tuesday is only 3 days away...what's 3 days really? Oh...I guess 3 days is a BIG deal. I got stuck...I am still stuck...I slimed a bit...holy heck...where does that all come from?! I am stuck, and hoping that it goes down...I don't want to have to slime again...or end up having to make it come up...or PB I guess. Oh please please please...this sucks....first time...negative...no go...not successful...I give up...I don't even wanna try again...for like a week anyways...this is a horrid nasty yucky feeling. =(

I am putting myself back on the liquids and I am staying that way....I did it because I missed meat...not because I was hungry...I guess I will keep myself on liquids until I start feeling hunger...this bites.... =(


BUT...I am alive...Hawaii is safe...so...God is GREAT!

xoxox,
Nikki

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the chicken didn't work, you might want to start with fish, it goes down alot easier. Also if you get stuck really badly you can always make a paste of meat tenderizer and water and swallow that. From what I understand (I haven't been that desperate yet!) it is gross but it really works. My PA recommended it. Glad you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home and safe! I keep Papaya enzymes with me...they're chewables and the enzyme breaks down proteins, much like the acids in your stomach do. Not sure how fast they act, but at least they make me feel like I'm doing something when I'm stuck. Hope it's better today...and you'll probably feel tighter for a day or so because the stoma will swell a little from the 'injury'. Lots of lessons to learn along the way...don't be afraid of chicken later, it's a great protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your ok, I kept watchig the news, and making sure you were OK. My fiace was like what are you doing, why do you keep watching the news, and I was like Nicole lives there, I want to make sure shes ok!

    On the stuck note, take it easyyyy! I started chicken to soon, and my dr. wasn't happy! But you live and learn...Stick to so softer foods for the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken can be a tricky one. Fish is a good suggestion, but I have found that the meatloaf and salisbury steak entrees (smart ones, etc) are very easy to eat and I feel like I am getting some read food. There is even one of those dollar ones with meatloaf and mashed potatoes that is under 200 calories I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're ok.

    Try some Diet Coke, that's what my surgeon told me (and I read elsewhere) for when things get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear that you had a stuck/slim episode so early on!! But we all go through them at some point or another. :(

    So glad to hear that the Tsunami was basically a non event for Hawaii!! I was definitely thinking about you when I heard the news about the Earthquake and possible Tsunami.

    Just think how great you are going to look when your DH comes home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it was all ok...we were all lucky I think...not so Chile. Just awful. Yes I pbed on chicken a bit and actually went off it for a while. It needs to be super moist for me. Hope you feel better soon and unstuck

    ReplyDelete