Hey everyone....
This post will NOT be band related...and I probably will not be weighing in today...a little hectic here.
Last night at 11PM Hawaii Standard Time there was an 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile. This generated several tsunami type waves. The first wave is expected to hit the Big Island around 11:05AM Hawaii Standard Time. Around 11:30 AM there will be waves coming to the island of Oahu where I live. There will be more than one, and the first may not be the largest.
I do not know ya'lls belief systems...and what you do, if you do, anything with any sort of spiritual connection...but please...keep those in Chile in your prayers...and us in Hawaii...I live in Central Oahu, so I should be fine, and they are evacuating the coast lines and getting people inland. Being on an island, there is really no where to go.
Thanks everyone for your toe comments...I am just feeling very whiny...they should be better soon, in a few days they should stop hurting...I hope.
I will post when I know something else....this is a whole new animal to me...I can do hurricanes, and I even went thru a blizzard...but this tsunami stuff is kinda scary...all I keep thinking of is the big one in 2004...
xoxox,
Nikki
My thoughts will be with you guys, I hope nothing too serious happens!
ReplyDeleteI'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, for sure.
ReplyDeleteI will totallly be praying for you and everyone affected!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you first thing this morning when I woke up and saw the news around 7:00 am EST. I love Hawaii so much, naturally my thoughts and prayers go out to all the islanders. I know that the last time there was an earthquake in Chile, it resulted in the big tsunami that hit Hilo on the Big Island. Luckily Oahu should avoid a big brunt of the waves, but I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Nikki. Please keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteYikes.. I just turned on the news after reading your post.. Be safe.. the only thing I learned from the Tsunami in Thailand was to watch the animals.. but prayers go out to you and your neighbors and of course those in Chile..
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you earlier when I heard about it! Stay safe and keep us updated! you will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteMy sister lives on big island and we are thinking about all of you over there in Hawaii. Stay safe. You are in my thoughts. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeletePrayers for you and everyone there...we're watching now.
ReplyDeleteKeep safe. xx
ReplyDeleteWe even have coastal water warnings over here on the east coast of Australia.
Devastating quake. :(
Oh no...this is so scary. I will be thinking of you over there and everyone in Chile. What is going on with the world right now :(
ReplyDeleteI hope everyone is ok??? We had warning here in Aistralia too but I could not believe hpow many people went into the water anyway??? DUH??? It turned out ok here...hope it is the same there....
ReplyDelete