Friday, February 26, 2010

STUPID TOES! =(

So I have been feeling fantastic lately. My port site doesn't hurt so much anymore, so I only take pain meds at night. =)

I went to Old Navy...I think I have this obsession now...and I think it is because I can fit into stuff in a regular store...and my poor hubby has been putting up with all my crap and shopping...but they were having a 5 dollar t-shirt and tank top sale, and I went and got some more XL's that fit now...and some L's for later... =) Has anyone else found themselves going a lil nuts with this shopping thing once you can fit into a stores clothes? Please tell me I am not alone?!

BUT....

I am done shopping till summer...well...I am done shopping for everything except for bras when I go to the mainland next month...cuz I didn't think about the around part (or band of my bras) with losing weight....smh@me....

Before my escapade to Old Navy....I went to the podiatrist. I have always gotten ingrown toe nails. On both sides of BOTH big toes. With Will being in the Army...I figured that I would get everything fixed now while it is pretty much free: Acne, weight, and my stupid toes....and whatever else I can manage to stuff in there in the 4 years of this contract...including the kid thing starting May of 2011.


So dude numbs up my toes and goes to town...he pretty much cut out the sides of my nails...put some chemical on a cotton swab, stuffed into the new created side holes and then dug out all the nail bed and nail matrix...this will apparently stop it from ever growing back...which in turn...takes care of my ingrown toe nail issues....

Except for now it hurts like crazy. The numby stuff is gone and darn it I want to scream and cry. It hurts. Both feet...both big toes....throb throb throb...I keep thinking about the pedicures I will be getting over summer...but right now...it hurts...like heck.

I know I will live...but I am waddling like a penguin...and that folks...is not cute. =/

xoxox,
Nikki


***OH! And for those of you that are unfamiliar with grits...as it was pointed out to me in a comment that not everyone knows....I have taken the following from wikipedia:

Grits is a food of aboriginal American origin common in the Southern United States, consisting of coarsely ground corn.
Grits is similar to other thick maize-based porridges from around the world such as polenta. It also has a resemblance to farina, a thinner porridge. The word leads back to the traditional Northern European grit gruels. Grits can be served hot or cold and as a base for a multitude of dishes from breakfast to dessert, depending on the additives. Additives can include salt and butter, meats (especially shrimp on the east or gulf coast), cheese, and rarely (but in nouvelle Southern cuisine) vegetables. It is also common for people from above the Mason-Dixon Line to have sugar with their grits.

They really have no taste on their own..but they are filling...lol***

6 comments:

  1. I just realized your goal weight is the same as mine! Love your blog layout - pink and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had getting ingrown toenails cut out - wow. I cringed remembering mine, they are so painful.

    I was told to soak my feet in warm epsom salt water for 30 minutes, every day (or was it twice?) for atleast a week. It helps with the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! So sorry about the painful toes. Whip those pain meds back out!

    I totally have a shopping obsession now. Its baaaddddd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a California girl, my grits must have brown sugar. (I've only had them a couple times.)

    Sorry about your toes but yay for getting them taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK! The toe thing sounds awful, poor you. I hope you get it seen to and fixed quickly. Sounds painful.

    I am so glad someone finally told me what grits are. For some reason I always had them pegged as a hash brown kinda thing - at least that shape .. what they were made of.. I was clueless.
    Shopping? Oh, yeah baby. Once we start to fit into regular clothes, there's no stopping us. I had to pull myself away from a boutique this morning that had these pretty flowy spaghetti strapped tops on sale for 10 dollars. Had an impatient 9 year old in tow so that - and the fact I was about to food shop - stopped me.. sigh.. I would have liked one of those too lol. Have a lovely weekend.
    Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. am feeling good so keep on buyo=ing costume jewellery...I love to shop. So sorry about your toes...ekkkkkk!!!

    ReplyDelete