No, this is NOT about food(I dont think)...just so you know...I am working on my potty mouth some.
So if you read what I write, then ya know about my housing situation with the lovely military. I got approved for the move-over based on alll the income stuff that I mentioned. Lady told me that I may not be able to move before I leave in May...blah blah blah.
I am the type of person who likes to call weekly to make sure they don't forget bout me. Ya know, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Well, I called at like 9AM. Left a message...being sweet as pie.
I get a call at like 245PM. Holy cow. I go to look at a place TOMORROW! It is a historical home, a duplex she thinks, recently renovated...she told me what was all done to it...but well, frankly, after she mentioned AIR CONDITIONING I wasn't listening. My current home does have A/C, not that you really need it here in Hawaii..but sometimes when there are no trade winds...it can suck.
Everything is on one floor...which means, no stairs. Thank goodness...moving stuff up and down stairs TWO ways would stink.
I am totally stoked!
The only BAD thing is...if I take the place, which honestly, I probably will...I have to be out of my current place by TUESDAY! I would get the keys tomorrow afternoon...but my WHOLE weekend would be spent moving and packing and unpacking...
Maybe THIS is the reason Will isn't gonna be here...so he can just see the new place...a better place. He does a lot of physical labor where he is now, and frankly, I wouldnt want to have him here moving his first weekend home...ya kno? (I mean, I want him here...but I dont want him to have to do WORK on his R&R)
I will totally tell ya more when I know...I am gonna try to take pix tomorrow of it! YAY! Wahooooo!
Oh crap-ola. I have ordered stuff online...that is being shipped here...uh-oh. I gotta fix that tomorrow if I take the place....
Love you all...really! I wish I could be there in September, but with all the travel I am required to do with Kali...I am tapped as far as funds go...
If ya'll DO plan something in FL next year...hopefully it will be during one of the times I will be there!
Hawaii is kinda nice too ya know...lol. Its too much moolah...I know...trust me! :)
xoxox,
Nikki
Sounds kinda like this was meant to be....glad things are looking up!
ReplyDeleteYay to things working out! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThat is great things are working out for you on the house!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to take your mind off hubs leave being delayed!
ReplyDeleteWell, think of it this way...you will have a horrible work filled weekend, but once you complete the move, you can get it together for you hubby!! He will be able to totally enjoy being with you and Kali the whole time without having to move.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thing for him to come home to! Besides his hot wife and adorable kiddo!!
ReplyDeletefirst of all... i'm so jealous of you living in hawaii. you are sooo lucky on that end. i've never been but would love to go. it looks so pretty!!! and the fact that you just said you don't have to have air conditioning? yeah well... here in the south you'll die without it. there's no living without it. sigh!
ReplyDeleteso anyway.... i'm also sooo jealous of you getting this historical military home. we wanna live on base in one of those so bad but can't due to the school districts being not so great when you live on base. but i love those older homes. there's just something awesome about them to me.
you're so lucky. i know it'd be a lotta work and all on you by yourself, but just think how great it'll be once it's done. do you have someone who can help you or can you get the military movers to do it?
short notice moves suck, but from what i've read, you're a strong and ingenuitive woman. you can do it! if that's what you really want of course.
i hope you do post pios soon. i wanna see it!!!! =)
I hope you get the new place. Please send us photos! it was definitely meant to work out this way. When one door closes, another one (or a window) opens!!
ReplyDelete