Today was my first spin class....
EVER.
I am guessing it was about 45 mins long...I was trying NOT to stare at the clock...so I didn't, but it was over around 920ish and started at 830...so yeah...about 45 mins.
Holy. Cow.
What a workout! I wish there was a way to like magically figure out how many calories I burned during that time.
It was hard...I cannot quite do the whole standing up part, cuz my knees are still too weak to support me like that...but I did it once or twice. Hard...but oh so fun! I dunno if it was the music that made it feel better...or the fact that I was there with two ladies from church who are just so kind and encouraging!
I got a lot of great job's, you rock for sticking thru the first time, it gets easier don't worry...and a lot of asking how my butt felt.
Okay...given the fact that I was on an itty bitty seat, and my butt is by no means little... You could tell the ppl that do it all the time...they have seat cushions that they were whipping out of their gym bags. Hard Core! LOL.
Monday there is a step and pump class in the AM that I am gonna go to...I figure I will get in and get going as much as I can...My church buddies go to the classes, so I will have support and a buddy system...cuz uh...we all know about how well my motivation is (remember I was begging for someone to tell me where to buy it?!) so I think this will be good. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday classes...Tuesday get in for some weights after Ladies Bible Study...and Friday, I will try to do the other step class...but I have to get care for kiddo as there is no school here on Fridays...if not...I got my Wii...which I will be using on the weekends. I got this....I am two days in...and yeah, I am sore as ever...but it feels GOOOOD...not only that...someone is holding me accountable...and I need that. :)
After the gym I went over by the gas station...and they were having a car wash. Just my luck...cuz I need my car washed...and well, I hate washing cars. So I paid them to do it. They didn't do too bad of a job...Good job military boys! :)
I think I have figured out why I don't like exercising...its not just the whole hurting thing...and the fact that I have minimal motivation...but I do NOT like getting dirty. I never have. I dont like being outside...I hate dirt, bugs, sweat, getting hot...and well...anything associated with getting dirty.
Honestly...I have lived in FL most of my life...and now I live in Hawaii...with some of the most famous and amazing beaches in the WORLD...and I am just now able to deal with the beach. I love the water...I will hang out in a pool alllll day long...I don't like sand...too much like dirt...but I am dealing with it quite well I might add...
So I dunno where hubby is...somewhere on his way here...lol. I dunno. I will let ya'll know when he is here..and I will post pix for ya'll of the homecoming! =D
xoxox,
Nikki
Yay for spin - it is so much fun! The music, the darkness of the room, awesome! I can't wait to see pics of the homecoming - I am so happy for you! <3
ReplyDeleteGood job on the spin class. I've never done it, but i've watched and OMG it looks scary. Maybe one day when I grow up, i'll give it a try.
ReplyDeleteWhere in FL did you live?
I am really proud of you! I can imagine how ouchy that bloody little seat is!
ReplyDeleteYour Ass gets use to it....Mine NEVER hurts now but Ive done a spin class atleast 1 time a week since August. I usually burn around 600-700 calories during my spin class at my weight. I use my Heart Rate Monitor and it tells me based on my heart rate and weight how many im burning. Spin has become an addiction for me I have to atleast do it 1 time a week! Im also doing Zumba with Amy on Wednesdays! and I love that as well! dont get discouraged by how much your ass hurts tomorrow because it will but it is so worth it!!! :oP
ReplyDelete