Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am HOME! and BYOC....a day late...

Hey everyone! I am safe and sound back in Hawaii...I have been totally busy unpacking and cleaning up 2 months worth of dust and stuff...that I am just now having a moment to relax and breathe and write. =)

Kiddo and I got home Tuesday at about 230PM HST....so thats about 830PM for you east coasters...I woke up at 5AM to a phone call from Delta...saying my initial flight was cancelled....um...can we say FLIPPING OUT?! I listened further and they were going to email me my new flight schedule and they apologize for the inconvenience...

GREAT.

Not only was I going to have to travel LONGER than my initial 23 hours....but they weren't gonna seat us together and then I would have to ask someone to trade seats so I can be by my child...and sadly...some people are not that nice, and will tell you to fuck off.

I check my email...I swear...I about had a heart attack...We were leaving a few mins earlier...going to Atlanta and then from Atlanta straight to Honolulu....which shaved about 6 hours off of my travel time. I was originally to go from FL to Detroit and chill for a few hours...then fly to San Fransisco and chill for a few hours before finally making the last flight to Honolulu....the more layovers you take...the cheaper it is...

I was THRILLED....I text my ride and told her the change and she said she would still be there to grab me. Awesome! So I get to the airport...with my 5 million bags full of stuff...dude outside asks to see my ID and checks me in right there....amazing...I didnt have to drag my bags anywhere...He gave me my tickets...I am separating them into the two flights...first one and second one to keep myself organized...

Then I see it.

On the flight from Atlanta to Honolulu...which is a NINE hour flight...

They put us IN FIRST CLASS.

No kidding! I will even scan the tickets if you dont believe me! FREE first class...FREEEEEE.

Dude...the chairs turn into BEDS...well...almost totally...They serve real food...like...chicken and stuff..we had a 3 course lunch...not burritos n crap cookies. They use real glass and silverware and china....and alcohol is free...I had two mai tais and a glass of wine with lunch...

We each had our own TV and some noise canceling headphones....which was nice...until kiddo wanted to talk to me...and was screaming because she didn't take off her headphones...lol.

I slept for like 5 hours. I totally can see why people fly first class...I totally do...but I dont have 2500 bucks per ticket...

It was a nice thing for Delta to do...they uh..totally inconvenienced me and...well...if thats how it works when they do...they can do it ANYTIME! (shorter travel time and first class...heck yes...)

Since I have been home I have been a busy bee...unpacking, cleaning, making room for hubby when he comes home (totally realized there was no room for him in the closet or dresser), making banners and signs for homecoming, baking mini pineapple upside down cakes.....I wish I could tell you ladies how damn excited I am! Its been 11 months...almost a full year...and he will be home soon...because of military regulations and safety...I can't tell you when...but I will let you guys know when he is home...

Okay...now onto BYOC....

1. Let’s brag a little….what’s the best perk you’ve ever had in your job (current or past)? Any employment counts - even if you’re a stay at home mom – you have perks (and the hardest job ever in my opinion).

• I think that I will go with what I do now. Yeah, that's pretty much staying home. While sometimes it drives me nuts....the perks are endless. I have been able to spend the last year being able to be there for my daughter whenever she needs me. I never once had to have her in 'official' after school care. (a friend watched her on the days I worked past 1) I was always home before dinner. I always made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for her. We only ate out because we wanted to...not because I didn't have time. I have been able to be involved in her school...go to parent teacher activities. I had the time to be able to go to all these information sessions for the lapband...which enabled me to get it. 


With that, in my situation,also came a lot of time to worry and stress...and play out worst case scenarios...and honestly...with my husband at war...they never ended well and kept me up many many nights....


But the time that I have gotten to spend with kiddo...and to be able to focus of family...is exactly what I needed during this time...
2. Do you ever lie in your blog?

Beyond a little over exaggeration...such as my 5 million bags for the plane...not really. I may keep some things out because I have too or I would violate OPSEC and myself and hubby can get into trouble...I try to keep it as real with everyone that I can...without putting EVERYTHING out there...out of respect for the hubby and the military...

3. What do you wear to bed?

I am normally naked or in undies....there hasn't been a reason to be naked for the past year....so its mainly been undies. My 6 yr old asks me when she can sleep in her undies...because I do. I told her when she becomes a mommy and has kids of her own...
4. Where do you go for advice?

Hubby, first off...then normally a friend...either Jenni or Charbo...but mainly hubby....he fixes everything. What he can't fix he blows up with a grenade! (LOL I wish sometimes!!!)
5. Repeat question. Make someone a superstar without using a blog award. What comment or blog stuck with you the most this week and why?

Hmmm…I suck again...I have been traveling and have once again been a shitty reader....once all the excitement around here dies down and I am back into a normal routine with sleeping and done cleaning and packing and all...I will be sure to get back on my game.


Off to make this kid some breakfast...


xoxox,
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. LOL.. great trip story.. yeah First class is like that.. glad you got the royal treatment that is a long ass trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home!! Free travel updates are awesome...glad you were able to fly home in comfort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat is awesome about first class. You so deserve that!

    ReplyDelete