Monday, July 26, 2010

OMG...is it real?!

My emotions are running a lil insane....I am surprised I can really think straight...

Last night...at about 1030PM....My hubby was SAFE and HOME and in MY arms. <3 He returned from a 12 month deployment to Northern Iraq. It was so emotional...I started to cry driving to the ceremony site...but refused to ruin my make up because I had a photographer coming out to do homecoming pix... (which I will post as SOON as I get em!)

When they started playing the music...and the guys started walking in the door...I had a very happy 6 year old next to me...standing on the chair...holding her "welcome home daddy" sign....CRYING her eyes out...she was determined to see that he got to see that sign...so she did no wiping of her tears....just holding that sign high...and proud...

Thats about when I started to cry...seeing her cry...and then I was like NO...we gotta go find him! They released them from formation...and it took a good 5 mins (which felt like ETERNITY)  to find him in a crowd of 300 soldiers with the addition of family members...I lost it then...He was here...for real...safe...in my arms...hugging me...holding kiddo....

I just wanted to let you guys know if I am a lil bit off the grid...that is why...he's mine until Thursday AM...then he has to start back with appts and check-ups and yada yada yada...but until then....I may be...well...a bit busy. ;)

xoxox,
The very happy and complete,
Nikki

11 comments:

  1. (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news!! Congrats chickadee! Have fun with your man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy he's home, safe and you're happy!!! Enjoy all your time together in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God he is home safe! Enjoy your family and I would like to thank both of you for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! I am so happy for you and your family, enjoy this time. I am actually wiping tears from my eyes after reading your post! Thank you for all of your sacrifices... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that almost made ME cry! Set aside one special hug from all your blogger friends who appreciate all that he (and his family, of course) has sacrificed for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!! Have fun! Thank you both for the sacrifce

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very awesome! Enjoy!

    And thank you to your husband and you and your daughter for the sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can only echo the others. enjoy you time together and thank you for the sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete