Monday, September 27, 2010

Now that Blog World is complete again....

Yeah Yeah Yeah...I am aiming that title to all of you ladies that went to Chicago!! I swear I was there in spirit...I was...I promise! I cannot wait to see how the next one unfolds...as I am determined to go! Then again...depends on when it is...cuz uh...momma can't fly after April (8 months preggers and flying for that long is no bueno)...until about August (when risk of blood clots will go down)...so unless y'all plan on coming to Hawaii (which is TOTALLY okay with me!)...it may be the one after that!

I am a bit (read: TOTALLY A LOT) jealous of all of you that got to go. It seems like you all had such an awesome awesome time...

On to other news in my world:

I went to my nutritionist today. I weighed 234. Up from my 232 like 3 weeks ago. Not too shabby...BUT I was told that I shouldn't gain ANY weight until like January...I guess being still considered severely obese, I am allotted to gain between 11-15 pounds total over the whole pregnancy (yes, which is like the entire weight of a baby just about!) I was told pretty much to get back on my game. I should be eating about 1200-1300 calories a day. I need to get back in the gym...I am allowed to go and do the elliptical and such...no ab/core workouts...and no zumba/kickboxing/step until like December... Nutritionist told me that I should get back down to 232...even 230...and stay there...until January (yeah...right...we are going to maintain weight over the holidays...being pregnant...yeah uh huh!) then I should only gain .5 to 1 pound a week...which would pretty much be my 15 pounds...and would put me at being 245. Which I am OK with....

This is gonna be hhhhhhaaaaarrrrrdddddd. I know it is like Band 101...I am back on almost my pre-op diet...as I only have like 4.5 CC's in my band. I know I can do this...but not only do I get to fight head hunger that I normally have...but then I get to deal with the cravings that are starting up (small...but still there) and will only get worse.

I just keep thinking on how I will be a sexy pregnant lady...and won't be as big as a house. I have seen many people my size get pregnant...gain a butt load of weight...and look like a house....they look miserable and grumpy. I wanna be pretty, and glowing, and have people wanna touch my belly! (Although I won't let everyone!!)  I really need to work on the glowing...my face is looking BAD. I was on like 3-4 different Acne Medications (an antibiotic pill, another pill so the antibiotics didn't give me yeast infections, differen gel, and then a topical antibiotic) none that I can take now that I have a little baby growing inside of me. I am thinking of going for a facial and seeing if that can jump start this sexy happy mommy glow I keep reading about....Any mommies out there have any tips/tricks???

I am going to make a bigger effort to be on here and comment and blog more often...I am going to need the accountability and help and love and support and all that jazzy stuff.

To be honest...I am glad that Chicago was so good to all of you!!! I am so happy that you ladies had such a great time and that it is everything y'all hoped for....which means...there HAS to be more!! =)

xoxox,
Nikki

5 comments:

  1. i am jealous of the boobs and their fabulous trip, too. sigh! maybe it will be us with them next time. maybe. hopefully!

    as far as your prego issues go...

    it's so exciting that you're having a baby. i know you already know that but i just had to say it anyway. lol

    it's gonna be hard, but girl you can do it! when you find yourself wanting to eat more than you should just think about your baby and redirect yourself on thinking about baby stuff. shopping for baby, baby names, baby classes, baby pictures. baby anything! lol it shouldn't be hard to get your mind going on all that becuase that's all i thought about through both my pregnancies! baby everything! lol

    you could even maybe start a project for baby. i'm not sure if your crafty or not but i did a quilt for my daughter when i was pregnant with her. or you could do a scrapbook and have it all put together and just have spots to throw your pics in once the baby gets here.

    the acne thing... the only suggestion i have is this... when my babies had bad baby acne, the docs told me to use regular old white dove soap to wash their faces. not the perfumed or colored or anything. just pure dove white. it worked like a charm and their acne went away. maybe it will work for you. worth a try anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I didn't even realize you are pregnant - so congratulations! So exciting!

    With that said, for what it's worth, don't stress about food. Do what's right for the baby, but from what I know, always seems to me to just not stress the food and the pounds. You weren't done losing before this pregnancy, so that isn't going to change. And while I'm not advocating going around eating anything and everything, I don't think stressing it is wise either. I feel like I'd like to smack your nutritionist! If your doctor thinks you should worry about two pounds, then ok, but seriously...I don't think you should worry about it.

    For what it's worth, depending on what your pre-op diet was like, I'm not sure that's a good diet for pregnancy. Seems like a balanced diet is more important right now...and I know my pre-op diet was far from balanced!

    Maybe I should keep my opinions to myself...but I really think you should not worry. That might help the acne, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki... congrats on the pregnancy!!! How exciting!
    Regarding the diet... I TOO would like to smack your nutritionist. I know it's her job, but for me, the health of your baby is more important than a few extra pounds to lose at the end. Be careful with the dieting (don't)! Just eat sensibly & do moderate, safe exercise to keep your metabolism going & you'll do GREAT.
    Also, dunno the safety with being preggers, but zinc is great for the complexion. Check with your DOCTOR.
    And I vote for BOOBs to always be in the fall b/c it's cooler & then no matter where we go, it'll be enjoyable. That clears you for 2011! Hope to see you there... :)
    Blessings,
    Robin at Band on the Run
    P.S. Hawaii would rock too... haven't been there since '92!

    ReplyDelete