I am taking a break from "nesting"...which is driving me cuckoo...because we are moving in about a month...so I will get to do it ALL over again! The joys....lol. I am totally just stealing Draz's format...changing the blue to pink...and putting in my answers...I have all this energy...yet am drained at the same time. Yeah, I never said I made sense...lol.
So here we go!!
It’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy. Five little questions that you can copy and paste into your blog in an effort to get to know each other better and to give your brain a blog topic break!
Enjoy!
1. What piece of clothing can you absolutely not live without?
• Right now? My maternity jeans. Most women I know tend to hide from maternity clothing...frankly, I am totally down for a pair of jeans that covers and holds my whole belly and still look good...they are pretty good at smoothing out those imperfections...like built-in Spanx without the pain in the butt part of having to climb in and out of them!
2. If you could go back in time for just 24 hours, where would you go and why?
• Dang it. I don't honestly know if I would. I sat here for a good 10 mins tryna figure out where and why...but honestly, I don't think I would go back. I would love to be able to see my father again and reconcile before he died, I would love to have not skipped that first day of school, I would love to have not taken that first sip of alcohol...I mean, there are plenty of things and scenarios that I would love to go back to and fix...BUT...as much as I don't like some of those decisions and outcomes...they have made me who I am today. Imperfections and all. They are all part of my testimony...part of me. I don't know if I would be where I am today without all of it...I am married. Happy. Pregnant. In love with my husband more than I could have ever imagined. Nurturing and providing for an amazing 7 year-old...who may get on my last nerve sometimes...but she is a kid...its what they do. I have the ability to share where I was...who I was...to where I am now...and who I am. Sure, it may have not been ideal...but, finally, after many many years...I love me...honestly.
3. If you could change one feature of your looks, what would it be and why?
• I would want thicker hair. I had it when I was younger...then I went on the depo shot when I was 16...and it like...went away. =( I really wanted to say have a smaller tummy or smaller boobs (HOLY CRAP they are HUGE because of this baby inside of me!) but I realize I will get those with time...
4. What things do you enjoy or only do when you’re alone? (All you perverts out there….try to resist the obvious answer here)
• Y'all gonna hate me. I just know it. I have too much alone time sometimes. Especially when hubsters is gone in the field and such. I am home alone...from 745AM until about 210PM. Sometimes I blare the radio and dance and sing along...sometimes I nap...sometimes I watch all the DVR'd shows...I just tend to take it as it comes and if there is something that needs to be done I do it and then relax...I have NO excuse on why I don't work out, eat right, ect...I have a TON of free time...I guess some of it is just laziness...but that's okay..it is. I know what needs to be fixed...and slowly...very slowly...I am fixing it...I even got a pretty new water bottle to make sure I atleast drink enough water! :)
5. Repeat question: Summarize your life in real life and in blogland this week.
• In blogland, I am trying to catch up on everyone's stuff...I try not to veg in front of the laptop too much...but it ends up happening anyways...so I am catching up.
• In real life, things are fantastic. This 'nesting' crap has started. Jeebus! How many times can one woman re-do a pantry you ask? 5. I am up to 5 times since Wednesday. They are lucky I have weight limitations...or I would be moving furniture (okay, I wouldn't...cuz my house is too small for a move-around). Lil man is kicking more and more...but I guess at 26 weeks that is expected...I am almost done with my 2nd trimester...I guess next Tuesday starts the 3rd and final one...which is CRAZY. I thought folks were kidding when they said that it goes by fast...oh...it does. Sometimes too fast...lol.
Have a good weekend! I am sure I will post something this weekend... :)
xoxox,
Nikki
Its wonderful to read a post like this... filled with happiness. I love what you said about not wanting to go back and change anything. You are so right, the rough spots all go toward shaping who we are. The things we hold so dear today could all be erased if we had made different decisions then... not a risk I'd ever want to take. Wow... third trimester alerady? Time really does go fast. Hope you have a great weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is making me clucky!!!
ReplyDelete