Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pregnancy hormones SUCK

As if I wasn't an emotional mess prior to this pregnancy. HAHAHAHA. I cried at TV shows, touching e-mails, pictures, and out of frustration...

NOW- I cry a whole lot more. Still at TV shows, e-mails, pictures, frustration...but now commercials and FB status' too! LOL.

Today hubbs left for 2 weeks of training. 2 weeks. 14 days.

A walk in the park compared to the YEAR I just got done doing...a walk in the park compared to him spending that YEAR in a WAR zone...this is training...

No big deal right?!

I was fine until we went to drive away...and I got my goodbye kisses and hugs...I lost it...I cried. For a good hour or two.

When he comes back, he is home for about a week, and then is off again for 2 more weeks....he comes back and kiddo and I head out to FL for 11 days...

Have I mentioned how clingy I am?!

Today also marks the last week of my 2nd trimester. Next week starts the 3rd and final one! :) WOW. Pretty much 3 months to go. About 96 days...

Lil dude is kicking and moving around enough that if I am still enough you can see my tummy move!! :) It's way too cool. I have some dry skin and such on my abdomen, which itches like crazy, but I have oatmeal lotion and such that I am using...SO...I hope that will work.

I am also doing a 24 hour urine collection to see if I have protein in my urine to check for preeclampsia and all that jazzy stuff....especially seeing as my main craving is...SALT. How horrid is that?! What kinda lady craves SALT???!!! I am so special...I swear. =) Tomorrow I get to do another glucose test (yuuucccckkkkyyyyy) and have some blood taken to see if lil man has a different blood type...because I am A Negative, they have to check for antibodies and that Rh stuff...if so, I get to get a series of shots in my butt...

Does the fun ever end?! LOL.

I am totally loving this whole pregnancy thing though....it is truly amazing the changes in my body. My hair is coming in thicker...and I have some whispies at the top of my head that dont lay flat...but that is totally okay...I will take it!!! Atleast I am not like...losing more!

Nothing else is going on really...I have a lunch time get together with a friend tomorrow at her house...I am getting some baby boy stuff...clothes, toys, ect...She just had a baby about a month ago, and apparently he is growing like a weeeed! I am totally down for accepting some baby stuff...every little bit helps!

xoxox,
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. The only good thing about preg hormones is that they are temporary. You hang in there honey and hell - if you want to cry - have at it. You're allowed that!

    ReplyDelete