Sunday, February 27, 2011

I am SOOOO over it.

Or them...I should say...

Pregnancy Hormones.

Are EVIL.

Pure pure pure EVIL.

These past few days have been like...well...for lack of a better term...HELL.

These hormones are turning me into someone I am not...and I do not like it...and as much as I try to fight it...it seems to be a loosing battle. =/

Get this...are you ready...its okay...really...you can laugh...cuz I can laugh about it now too...

Yesterday, I was making an ice cream cone. It's hot here in Hawaii...and I wanted one...so I made one. Then I dropped it.

Then I sat on the kitchen floor...

And I watched it melt...while crying...for a good...oh, I dunno...45 mins?!

REALLY?!?!

What in the heck...I dunno...

Wait...I got more!

A friend of mine at church/bible study/hang out times is preggers too...she is like 7 or 8 weeks behind me. She has had a heck of a time with this pregnancy...all sorts of issues goin on. She goes on bed rest April 1st for the last trimester of her pregnancy...So she can carry to term. I come back on March 22nd and the girls here are throwing me a baby shower on March 27th...so the friend in charge of it asked if it would bother me if it was a double shower...as lil missy goes on bedrest like 3 days later. I really don't mind...in fact, I think it would be fun!

My hormones on the other hand...

They mind.

They make me into an evil selfish meany face.

I start thinking...It's not fair...this is my first baby and her third...I worked hard to get here...I want to be center of attention...blah blah blah.

Do I mind if it's a double shower? NO. So is it gonna be a double shower...YES.

For some reason though, these evil evil hormones are like...well...EVIL.

I am very very glad that hubby isn't here to see me this irrational...because he would probably laugh at me...in fact, when I told him the ice cream story last night...he did! He about choked on his water he was laughing so hard.

It's like...I know I am being irrational...crying at everything little, that normally isnt a big deal...I know I shouldn't be feeling the way I do sometimes...but I am.

I think boredom is setting in too. I have mostly everything for baby's nursery...but no place to put it...and it is driving me insane. I am 10 weeks away from delivery and I have nothing put together. I know I will get a place to put it...but as of right now, my irrational self doesn't care about in 3 weeks...it cares about NOW.

I think if hubby was home...or was at least further away...I wouldnt be do clingy and blah...its just a tease knowing he is 5 mins away and I can't see him...(til Wednesday for 45 mins...but shhh...don't tell little one!)

I just thought I would share the lovely hormones...and I can't help but wonder...

are they normal?

When do they go back to how I was before...cuz uh...yeah...this is redunkulous!

xoxox,
Nikki


OHHHHH!!! And I am still holding strong in the 252-255 range! :) (Which makes me HAPPY)

3 comments:

  1. Damn those hormones. I wouldn't have wanted a double shower either, in fact if anyone would have suggested it to me while I was 30 weeks prego, I might have ripped their throats out. That's how I rolled. lol

    Great job on maintaining your loss while prego, as soon as you give birth you'll drop right back down, it's a miracle!

    Btw, new follower. :) http://bandumentary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thoughs hormones sound intense. i hope it gets better for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not over-reacting - you're growing another freaking human inside you and it's hard work. Been there - done that - it's sucktastic and amazing all at once. Don't be so hard on yourself AND um - you deserve your OWN shower. And if I was there - I'd be giving you one.

    ReplyDelete