I am not too sure how to explain 100% how I feel.
Huge is a great start! I know...I know...I have a reason to be...but still...it brings back bad memories none the less...
Today lil one and I are flying to FL...she is getting ready to go spend spring break with her mother...hubby is at some Army School crap...so it is I...the huge 31 week pregnant lady that gets to fly with her...-fun-
I am dreading having to ask for that seatbelt extender...dangit...I got away from that...and I enjoyed not having to have it...the embarrassment to have to ask a skinny lil flight attendant for a dang-on seat belt extender is just cruel.
Once again...I am aware that I have a reason why my belly is bigger...why I feel like a beached whale...and why every time I breathe in deeply in it's like WW3 is starting in my rib cage...
Doesn't make it any easier. =/
Over the past few days, I have learned that Google is the DEVIL.
Yup...I said it...Google=DEVIL. (Will get into this further below)
No one can ever tell you everything that you will experience during pregnancy...because everyone...I mean EVERYONE...is different. I may have this and that...and you have something totally different...
It's nuts. I know they write books to try to cover bases...and I think I have personally read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" like a million times...but holy jeez...the crap that our bodies go through!!!
Like...breathing. GOD I MISS IT. Like, when I was 280- I had a rough time breathing at times...I did..cuz I was FAT. I am 255 and I feel worse than I did at 280! Granted, I know its because every organ I have is smushed up above my uterus in my lungs so it makes it uber hard to eat, breathe, walk, shower, pee, bend over...ect. LOL
OH! How I am so glad we are moving when lil one and I get back...
Right now we live in historical housing...it was built in the 1920's and it survived the Pearl Harbor Attacks...like...I got shrapnel in my house...cool...but still creepy a bit...
anywho...
Well to maintain the historical factor of these houses, there are certain things that need to remain the same: poured concrete floors, the doors (replacing a historic door is NOT cheap...a friend found out the hard way), and the bathroom fixtures...which means...the toilet is tiny. Normally...no big deal...I have gotten on and off that thing atleast a ba-jillion times since moving in here last May. But jeez...I have to do the pregnant lady belly-stick-out-arch-the-back getting up movement from the sofa...
Last night...it happened...I waddled into the bathroom...to pee of course...sat down...tinkled my little tink...and BAM...I was stuck. =(
I think it took me a good 3 tries to get up off that dang toilet...and it took me leaning super far forward to latch onto the sink and pull myself up.
Oh to be a fly on my bathroom wall last night...I cried...hard.
I want normal toilets. -sigh-
No book mentions getting stuck on short toilets. =/
****TMI ALERT**** (and main reasons why Google is the DEVIL)
I would suggest you stop reading now, if you don't wanna hear another flip out story...that's a lil...uh...interesting...
For those of you still with me...HAHAHAHA. :)
Okay...so...discharge...apparently kicks up a lot in the third trimester...especially with like 60 days left of this baby growing process...
Well...no one can pinpoint the exact color or texture of normalcy...this I have found out.
Last night...during my toilet stuck episode, I wiped...of course I did...I am not a nasty being...I tinkle...I wipe...we all do. (I hope!)
The discharge looked like the color of the end of your period...that brownish kinda color...
Totally new...SO..I am sure that helped a lot in my cry fest...
I called Labor and Delivery at the Army Hospital here and like cried my lil eyes out to this sweet sweet nurse on how Google said that its my mucous plug and that I am going to start labor...or that it was my baby dying...or it was placenta previa... (Google=DEVIL_
You know...nothing said that discharges can range in color and that its okay.
Sweet sweet lady last night talked me down to a quiet wimper and asked if baby was still moving...I said yeah..kicking the crap outta my lungs...as usual. Asked me if I was cramping...no...no cramps...just kicks. She also asked me a few other things...but at this point...I already felt dumb and like an over reacting loonie lady.
Obviously...everything is fine. I think between hormones, being so far along, and having everyone freaking me out about flying ("Bless your heart, I wouldn't think of flying this late...you're my hero" is NOT, I repeat NOT something you say to a first timer! OR ANY preggie lady for that matter)...I just, lost it. Nurse Lady told me to keep the number for L&D and call ANYTIME I have a question or a concern...even on the mainland...that way she can call a local hospital, if needed, and give them my medical info...
I love reassurance...
A LOT.
Not much else happening...I am fully packed and waiting to go...gotta get lil one early from school so we can fly on outta here...
I will post from FL...I am sure. :)
xoxox,
Nikki
Yes! stay away from Google for medical info. You know, no one goes back and posts how it was just this minor thing not to worry about. They only post worst case scary stuff.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to do just fine! Try to relax and enjoy it!