Thursday, March 3, 2011

Like I was gonna die...

No one likes being sick...

I am a clingy needy individual anyways...so...me being sick normally is an event all in itself...

Add in the pregnancy, which seems to magnify symptoms times a billion and 50...

I felt like I was gonna die. I really did. I woke up yesterday morning at about 3 with a fever...and I was flippin out...fever+baby=NO GOOD. So I called he hospital and they said to take tylenol to see if it breaks the fever...if not to come into labor and delivery and they would monitor me and such...well, thank God tylenol broke it, because I didn't wanna spend my time in L&D...I don't wanna be there until it is time to push lil man out!

All day yesterday I had tissues plugged in my nose. I had dayquil (being 30 weeks I can take alcohol free dayquil and nyquil....PRAISE JESUS!) hooked up on IV (being over dramatic...I kno). I don't think I tasted a single thing I ate yesterday. I did, however, get to sit in a classroom all day and then I got to spend lunch time with the hubby! :) YAY! I am so glad I got to see him! Cuz I won't see him again until kiddo and I get back from FL later this month. (See clingy and needy above...yes...I am...I have no problem admitting it!)

Then comes next week...We fly out on Wednesday afternoon to make the trip to FL...then I get to drive to Savannah for kiddo to go with her mother for about a week...drive-not so bad...I can stop and pee and stretch as needed...

Someone explain to me WHY on EARTH I am flying...in a plane...from Hawaii to Florida at 31 weeks pregnant?! (I know why I am, I have to...legally that is...someone has to take her to see her mother and with hubby being "away" it means I get the pleasure! =/) I mean, I am cleared to fly that distance up until 36 weeks...but goodness...who wants too? Planes suck as it is...flying is NEVER comfortable...so I can imagine how much fun being the size of a house is gonna be. Okay...Flying when I was 280lbs sucked...and granted I am only 254.3 (according to my scale this morning)...but I have a person inside me...that moves when I do anything...He wasn't too keen on the flying before...so I can only imagine the internal injuries I am going to suffer this time!  Maybe...just maybe...because we are flying mid-afternoon...they will take pitty upon a huge house belly lady like me and put me into First Class? Too much to hope for? lol.

So, yeah...busy week ahead of me. I get to pack up the house some for the move (we move the weekend after kiddo and I come home), I get to pack for Spring Break, I get to prepare a teaching demo for my job interview while I am home (for a local university...for a job for when we move back in August), I get to try to take some rest time to continue to recover from cold-from-hell-2011...OH! and be a mom and manage house...HAHAHAHAHAHHA!


xoxox,
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't imagine being sick and preggo. hang in there chicky. Keep us posted on how the flight and everything goes.

    ReplyDelete