Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well I never thought of that...

First off...I want to say...Thanks for the feedback on my last postings..it means a lot. I am going to try my hardest to keep blogging...even if it is about NOTHING...I am just gonna do it. So I may be boring...just to forwarn you...

But back to the title of the post...

As you all know, I am married to a US Army Soldier...which means we live on a military base. I go to a military hospital for all of my medical care. There are military people that are my doctors, nutritionists, nurses...ect..

I emailed my bariatric nurse and my nutritionist around the same time...I finally got fed up and called and found out that my bariatric nurse was away from the island for about 4 weeks due to a family emergency...I am having a fill on July 12th. :)

Just got a phone call from the nutrition clinic...which I have not seen anyone from there since, oh, I dunno...November-ish?! I skipped out on my December appointment...so yeah...been almost SEVEN freakin months...Um..my nutritionist changed duty stations...to Fort Drum, NY...From tropical paradise Hawaii to flippin cold upstate NY...SUCKS to be him. =/  The lady I spoke to thinks that me putting myself on the liquid/soft diet starting on Friday (after teeth are taken out) until I get my fill is a great idea, especially seeing as I am not breastfeeding...so it shouldnt do any harm...so that would be about 10 days. I went and purchased protein powder...I am gonna go buy some Jell-o and I have oatmeal and eggs and cream of wheat...I got this!! I think I should be able to lost about 10 pounds...I hope...LOL. If not...oh dang well... :)


OH OH OH OH!!!

Any suggestions on soft/liquid foods that wont totally suck and get boring? Please let me know!!!! It's been a LONG time since I did this...and well, this is like my "new lease on banded life" and I am taking it all its worth!  :)


So, while I was sitting here taking it all personal that people weren't getting back to me and what not...I didn't take the time to think...well, they are military too...they don't STAY here...they move around too...they have family on the mainland too...

Can I blame that on the hormones?! :)

xoxox,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. refried beans with a little cheese and/or sour cream- yum! I also love cream of wheat/malt-o-meal hot cereal, also don't forget about blending up chunky things like chili or clam chowder- they taste the same, chunky or smooth! Hope that helps and you have a good loss while on liquids/mushies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved poached eggs... and refried's like Jen said ROCK! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cottage cheese, greek yogart, egg salad, chicken salad, scrambled eggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nikki....Postpartum Depression sucks!! I was one of the lucky ones 37 years ago when my Daughter was born. I had no problems and she was an Angel on Earth!!

    But don't worry, you will get through this, and you will find the joy of life again!! I promise.

    As for the boring posts, don't worry, it is what I do too. I post what is happening in my life. Others will either want to read it, or not! But mostly I post just to serve as my diary of life, and to get out my thoughts and sometimes rants and rages!! LOL

    ReplyDelete