Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble Gobble...Wiggle Wobble...

LOL...Sorry, its what my 5 year old has picked up this year at school...all while putting her hands in her underarms and flapping her arms like wings and waddling. :)

Wow...it has been a few days hasn't it?! Well, I have had a VERY exciting few days. I had my LEAN program at the Army Hospital yesterday..and today was my Bariatric Surgery Education Session. Today was when I learned the 'phases' in the program and how we get moved from one to another. A lot of information...and a lot of notes taken. It seems a little overwhelming at times...then I just sit back...relax...and realize that it is all okay...

I met with Ben, my nutritionist, at about 1pm today. It was a great time...we looked at my food logs, and he said that I am doing really well. :) I am at about 1375 calories a day on average. I lost 3" off my waist circumference, but not weight...blah. Anyways...he said that I go back to him Dec. 14th, which before that time I will have an initial appointment with my surgeon, and a meeting with the behaviorist. On Dec. 14th, if I am still doing well...he will give me homework. (I leave for Florida Dec. 16th an won't be back until Jan 4th.) When I finish my home work, I then have to call him and we will discuss it. At that time, he will put in for my Psych Consult! That takes about 2-3 weeks to get scheduled...After my initial psych consult, I will have a tentative surgery date.
OMG.
.
..
...
OH MY GOSH!!!
!
!!
!!!
It is SOOOO real now. I got emotional on the drive home. I felt this huge sense of hope, peace, excitement...all in one! :D It's really gonna happen...wow. How awesome!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NOW, on to Turkey Day....

I SOOOO wish my hubby was here and not in Iraq...I mean of course for the obvious reasons...but also because I just cleaned my first Turkey. YUCK. EW. GROSS. NASTY.
ANYWAYS, it is now brining in my fridge in a 5 gallon bucket in some funky looking stuff...it shall sit there all night and then go into the oven for a few hours.

So, officially starting tomorrow, I am eating out of a 1 cup container...with toddler silverware, which is Dora...they were out of Tinkerbell and Princesses. =( But I guess I need to get used to smaller portions at more times of the day. The cup needs to be atleast half protein...and the other half either a veggie or a whole grain...or a combo of the two. I eat this every 2-2.5 hours...NO drinking 30 mins before or after...and def. not during.

This is it...It is starting...and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all...I hope you all are blessed in many ways and by many friends and family for company this day!

xoxox,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment