Wow. As I lay here in great pain from my lovely wonders of being a lady(sorry tmi I know) I keep thinking wow! How great it will be when I lose enough of my belly that those heat patches for cramps can penetrate properly and do what they are intended to do.
I have a few questions for those who are already banded...
1. Have you noticed any mood swing changes? Have you hormones evened out more so your not so, I dunno, short fused or is that totally unrelated?
2. What bout sleep? I have heard that sometimes sleep cycles can go crazy...
3. What is the world is a BP or a PB, I can't remember what way the letters go...
Thanks all of you so far who read this! It is great to know ppl are, makes me feel a lil more accountable for my actions and stuff...and gives me a place to learn more from personal stories, as opposed to medical data!
Ooo! Which I got for the first big step today, the official information session! Yay! This is exciting.
Hi Nikki -
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog on Kristin's page. So excited for you starting this process and congrats on the weight loss so far!! Okay, answers to your questions:
1 - Mood swing changes. Not at all. I have always been a happy girl, but feeling so much better about myself with the weight loss. The pre-op diet I was on was tough and I may have been moody then, but now at 3.5 months out I feel amazing. Oh and when I get my period I notice I have tiny bit of port pain, cramps on the first day and that's it. No cravings, I actually drop weight during my period. Very strange!!
2 - My sleep schedule is definitely off but I think it's more about jetlag from my trip to munich. I fall asleep much earlier and wake up at 6:30. I notice I need less sleep which quite frankly is a good thing!
3 - PB is a productive burp. If you overeat or eat to fast without chewing you may feel the urge to burp. When you do, the piece of food (usually whole) will come back up. GROSS, but not nearly as gross as sliming. When something gets stuck your body produces mucus or slime to get it down. You end up vomiting this slime to get it out of your body and its disgusting. That being said, it's only happened to me twice just after a fill both times. And even with this potential disgustingness I wouldn't change my mind about this band. Best decision I have EVER made!! Good luck!