Saturday, November 14, 2009

Official Pix...AHHHH!

Well, here they are...BEFORE pix...taken by the one and only..ME! LOL

11/14 front view

11/14 side view

And just so I can look back and remember:
Photobucket

SO...onto better news...

I went to see Ben (Nutrition guy) yesterday. I LOST 5 POUNDS!! :D So I now weigh, 268. I was wrong before..it was 273.4 not 274.3 (LOL not that it is a HUGE difference) But anyways, he said that overall I was doing a good job of charting my progress, but there are a few things to fix. Like skim milk instead of 2%, more fruits and veggies (cuz I havent been keeping up with my servings enough), 30-60 min of physical activity DAILY (this should be interesting), and 90 grams of protein a day. WOW...thats a lot!

I told him I WANT to do the lap band. He said he thinks it is great, and thinks that I can be fast-tracked and maybe have my surgery in February...depends on what Dr. V (surgeon guy...I can't spell his name and I dont have his card yet...so. Be patient) says.

Yesterday was pretty good...I got my fried chicken fix! :) NOW- before you think that I went out and got that Popeyes I was craving...read a little further. Ben (nutritionist) told be that I was doing good on the morningstar and boca products (did the black bean burger and the maple breakfast sausage), and that they have "chicken" patties. So I grabbed some...and had me a chicken sandwich. :D It satisfied my frying wants...and gave me a TON of protein. So, I am content. But then...dun dun dun...I had to make brownies for my little ones bake sale. -sigh- I licked the spoon. But I accounted for the calories and everything. So, at least I am honest. HEY! The bake sale was canceled because of rain...and I have a dozen or so fudge brownies in my kitchen...and they are still there...so that counts for something!

I told Will (hubby) that I could have it done in February, and that when he comes home in September for good that he may not recognize me... :) I am already thinking of the sexy dress I can get for our official homecoming! :D

Well, I am off...I have to eat lunch and then do a 10 page paper on technology assisted surgery- I am focusing on the Lap Band and other bariatric surgeries...I have enough research! LOL :) Just being smart about it.

XoXoX,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Great Job at staying away from Popeyes!!! I love all the Morning star stuff, it is great! Brownies are the devil, just so you know LOL. thats awesome that you may have your surgery in Feb. and your hubby comes home in sept thats 7months Ive lost 100lbs in 7 months BUT I workout EVERY DAY and I rarely cheat except for my Halloween candy binge.[shame] anyhow it seems to be comming along for you Im excited for you, feel free to email me anytime I dont mind at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW@YOU! 100 pounds in 7 months?! That is amazing!

    I am having a hard time motivating myself to exercise...I dont know why. I went out and got some light exercise DVDs today, and I may try to pop one in later, after this killer paper (which I should be doing now instead of responding)...

    Maybe little one will do it with me! LOL.

    Any tips on motivation for that stuff...I mean...I'm still super lazy (only been like 2 weeks since I started making changes)...the exercise part seems to be the hardest!

    Thanks for me comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creative before pictures!! You will definately look back won't believe that was you! I was right where you are a year ago, jumping through all the hoops to get approval and ready for surgery (gastro, psych eval, and nutritionist). Keep at it and before you know it you will on your way to losing! Good luck and keep blogging! BTW, I never exercised and I now I feel addicted to it. I found something that worked for me and it's a bootcamp style of workout. I don't mind being motivated by a trainer and yelled at (not in a mean way) almost like Jillian on Biggest Loser. Anyways, it will all come together for you:)))

    ReplyDelete