Monday, November 16, 2009

Yesterday...was BAD :(

WOW. I fell off the dang wagon yesterday. =/

Emotional day...started the monthly cramping joys that I normally get before mother nature drops her bomb on me. =/

But we had a church get together yesterday, for the newbies that are going thru the new member class. I am one of those newbies...so I went. WOW.

Lets see, I had some salad...so that wasn't so bad. Had some spinach, cucumbers, celery, mandarin oranges, and a light raspberry vinaigrette. But, I couldn't load up on too much of that because there were 40 something people at this thing. There was chicken alfredo. Which has been baked...and had cheese everywhere...but also some pretty big chunks of chicken. It was good, but I totally felt like the Fatty afterward, especially because I was at the table with the pastor who I told about the Lap Band, and well...started asking me questions...as I am stuffing my face with pasta. Then....the evil evil stuff, there was this casserole...that was pineapple and apple and other fruits, with like a granola topping...I was like OOO semi healthy dessert...OK. Had some of that. WOW. it was GOOOOOD! then I found out there was like a pound of butter in it. SMH (shaking my head) not so healthy.

BUT. I accounted for it all...I was a big girl and took note of my fall...and called it a day. No more of that stuff. I can't do it and I can't keep making excuses. I ended up eating baked chicken and green beans for dinner...so. Made up for being hella bad at lunch time.

It's strange. Before this decision I would have just been like eh...whatever. Its okay. I can have days like that. Its hard going from eating like 3000 calories in CRAP a day to under 2000 of healthy stuff. But, I feel strangely guilty and ashamed that I did it, like I am letting people down. Which is totally new for me...I dunno. What are your thoughts?

I am off to take munchkin to school...then I get my new stove today! YAY! (Mine works when it wants too...sometimes it works all day, sometimes just in the AM, sometimes not at all, sometimes half a burner, or just the lil ones...) I have been waiting TWO weeks for this! :)

xoxoxox,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment