Monday, December 7, 2009

Honolulu City Lights...and other stuff...

So every year (well...for the last 25 anyways) the city of Honolulu has a parade and a ceremony where they light the Christmas tree and all that jazz. Kali and I decided we would go, and because the hubbs is deployed, we got free transportation...on a school bus.

Now, mind you, I have not been on a bus in uh...a good amount of years..I started driving the month after I turned the big 1-6. (LOL) But, from what I do remember, I HATED sharing a seat...even with a tiny person...because I was always stuck on the outside and my thighs would spill over into the aisle and I had to walk sideways through the aisle to get past the seats. Being fat and riding a bus sucks...we all know this.

Dreading this experience, especially with a bunch of kids (who we all know can be brutally honest and not mean it the way we take it) I tried to find EVERY way out of it...but Kali wasn't having that. =/

Walked onto the bus, Kali wanted to sit in the middle...and I was like..ok. I can do this. To my shock...I didn't really have to turn TOTALLY sideways to get through. I like to think that it is because of those 11 pesky pounds that I have lost so far. (And I am glad their lost, I hope they find a new home!) Kali sat on the inside, which stuck my in the aisle...now mind you..she is 5, but still...she likes to sprawl out and take up her share of room...HAPPILY I did not get any excuse me's or bumping into's...it was kinda nice...I guess 11 pounds is a difference?

The parade was nice...a family was kind enough to let Kali stand on one of their chairs so that she could see. I stood the whole hour and 45 mins. Pix didn't turn out so good...my camera is NOT made for night time..lol. Oh well though...We went for Kali...and she had fun.


And you gotta love mothers...don't you?

My mother calls me and says to me: "Nikki, how much weight have you lost?" I responded with, "I dunno between 9-11lbs...why?" Mother says: "Because in the pic you posted on your facebook, your face doesn't have such a fat bloated look to it anymore." Me: "Oh...well...thanks I guess..."

I think that ranks right up there with when my 5 year old step-daughter Kali came back from summer with her mother and asked me if I had been eating too much McDonalds (We had told her that McDonalds makes you fat, and that is why we don't eat it everyday at our house...because her mother LOVES fast food...and that is all Kali eats when she visits there.)

Well...this is all I got today...nothing too exciting. I have my appt with my provider tomorrow...I think this is behavioral health...we shall see how that goes...

xoxox,
Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, I saw you pic on my followers and came over to check out your blog too!

    I don't know if I missed it (though I did read all your posts!) but when are you being banded? Not that it really matters but if and when you do...you're going to love it... I know I do.. and I'm glad you are reading others blogs because this is the best kind of support (apart from those closest to you who know about your decision I mean lol) that you can get. This little blogging community of ours is just unreal and very very helpful because we are all going through the same deal.

    Anyway, lol I just wanted to say hi (I take a long time to do it, huh?) and look forward to reading more posts!
    Regards
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki! I just finished reading your blog & can say that I am sooo jealous that you are living in Paradise!

    I was just banded on Nov 19th & I don't go for my first fill until Dec 28th. Really looking forward to this!

    I saw your question last month about Protein Shakes. I found a great one that was really reasonable in price. I purchased it at Costco for $28.99. It is called Premium Pro-Rated.

    If you want to see a photo of it, I have it on my Nov 4th post. I only purchased the Chocolate flavor & I mixed it with water for less calories & it still tasted fine. It tasted like chocolate milk, but thinner. At first I drank it with Non Fat Milk, but like I said, to cut calories, I switched to water.

    Can't wait to hear when your Surgery date is!! Have a good trip to the Mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again! LOL, I noticed that your blog page is done by pYzam. I was looking at theirs to possibly change my blog look but I was afraid that I would lose my current information.

    Was it hard to setup in blogspot? Did you start out with it or did you change over? I am just terrified that I will mess my current information up, but I would love to setup a nicer look. Maybe just the background?

    Anyway, thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for following my blog! I am so excited to read about other success stories and I know yours will be one too! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on those NSV's! You have many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! love your blog! thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete