Sunday, March 7, 2010

Been awhile...keeping it short tho...

I have not been sleeping...I am finally not taking my pain meds at bedtime anymore because my port site is no longer sensitive...but, I am not sleeping. I was used to having that crutch 2 help me sleep...but then I stop it...and well...been rough man.

I also noticed that some days I have restriction and barely get hungry....and some days I eat a cow, because I am waiting for that full feeling...then I dont get it and I feel oh so sick. Like last night, I ended up having to find a bathroom and get some of it out...cuz I felt like I was gonna die.

I know I haven't been on here much...just trying to, I dunno...sleep and figure out this whole 'happy medium' with eating and what not...I will have more later...at some point today or tomorrow....

I think later today we may go hunt down the Black Pearl...yes, the ship from The Pirates of The Caribbean. It is docked here...not all glamed up yet...but it is here...kinda crazy to know that it is here, and that the movie will be filmed here in Hawaii during the months of the end of the summer (July/August and so on)...shortly after I get home from the mainland...which means...there is a chance I could see Johnny Depp! :) But I will settle for the ship for now!!!

xoxox,
Nikki

6 comments:

  1. You're in the middle of the hardest time. I was exactly the same as you. What I found works for me - is I don't eat until I'm full. Rather I take a portion and then stop.

    I think it takes a while for the message to get from my stomach to my head.

    If you feel like more - wait 20 minutes or so and then see if you are still want it. Most of the time I'm full by then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats exactly what I was going to say - eat your portion and stop. Its really important to get used to the one little size but yeah, its hard. Esp since we have been eating a certain way since day dot.
    Hope you feel better soon, not sleeping is horrible :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the not sleeping thing...yeah it sucks! I guess I am a little lucky since I get wicked Restless Leg syndrome, so I have a daily nighttime med that helps me sleep. If I don't take it though, I don't sleep at all because my legs get all freaky (I am anemic and get too little iron as it is). Nice hot showers before bed time really help. If not, a shot of tequila will help. Just kidding!

    Oh to see Johnny Depp...I would melt. When I was on Oahu last April, I saw Josh Holloway (Sawyer from LOST) and it was the highlight of my trip. Even my husband had to admit he was super handsome in person. I will send you all my good vibes and maybe you'll have a chance encounter! Johnny is so dreamy!

    Stay strong. I am still finding my way through this too and the whole full or not full is a tough one. It creeps up on you and then BAM! You realize you overdid it. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others. This is why my Doctor said to eat slowly, to allow the stomach time to give the signal that you have had enough!

    Now do I do this? Not enough for sure! But the closer I get to restriction, the slower I am eating, so I am guessing that in time, I will be eating the way I should have been eating all along!!

    Wow! Try to get some pictures of the "Black Pearl", please!! I would love it if you could send me some in an e-mail. My e-mail address is on my blog.

    And Stephanie is so lucky to have seen Josh Holloway!! I think he is totally hot! We saw one of the Lost sets while on the North Shore, the last trip we were there, but everyone was at lunch.

    It was at the airport where they do all the glider flights. Walt is a pilot and we were looking into getting some flight maps of the Hawaiian Islands, and they wanted us out of the area before the cast/crew came back from lunch. But I recognized the set in one of the episodes that season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I hear you on not sleeping well. I have rarely been to sleep before 2 or 3 am in the last 2 1/2 years!!!

    And you would think that all the pain meds and the meds for Restless Leg Syndrome would put me to sleep, NOT!!!

    But just hang in there, your body has just gone through some extreme stuff, you will go back to normal. Unfortunately for me, this is my normal now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete