Friday, April 2, 2010

BYOC!!!

1. If you could be a Superhero (like Gilly) - what would you be called or what would your powers be?

I would want to be able to transport myself and a 'guest' anywhere in the world at the blink of an eye. (I would use this to go see my hubby all the time...deployments wouldn't suck so bad.) UHHH...name? I will be corny and go with the Jason Statham movies: The Transporter (LOL)

2. Name one physical thing you love about you and one mental thing you love about you.

Physically? My Smile :D Mentally? Hell sometimes the fact that I even have a brain is amazing...but the fact that I am 'strong'. Sure, I may whine, cry, kick and scream....but I have made it through a lot in life...especially this past 7 months with the deployment so far...its a HUGE adjustment.

3. If you stood in front of God (or whatever Supreme Being you may believe in) - what question would you ask him?

If my dad is there. He had a lot of demons and did some bad stuff...Kinda wonder where he went...ya know?

4. Besides yourself - who was/is your biggest enabler in your weight loss journey?

No one..

5. What do you do for a living (another reader request question)?

I am a COTA...Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. I have worked mostly in the field of Inpatient Rehab...easiest way to explain what I do: Someone comes in after a stroke. I teach them to: get dressed, write, bathe, toilet themselves, get in and out of the shower, on and off the toilet, in and out of a car, feed themselves, groom themselves...all over again...with or without the use of their affected limb(s). (I also work with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, hip patients, knee patients, dementia patients...I have done it all) I love my work...I miss it :(

6. Whose blog hit home for you this week or whose blog made you think the most this week?


It wasn't a blog per-say...its everyone's comments. You ladies can be so uplifting and honest at the same time...while nothing is sugar coated...its not bitchy either. We have each other's back and best interest at heart...and I find that amazing...I have seen such amazing support here...I wish I could find it out there!(you know what I mean!)

3 comments:

  1. What an inspirational jpob you have. I just left you and awrd on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight into you! And your profession is much needed. Not many can do what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so wish I could snap my fingers and make you the Transporter! Smooches.

    ReplyDelete