Friday, April 23, 2010

BYOC!!

Oh I got craziness in the roller coaster of emotions I have faced this week...and i just got my nails done...so I am hoping I dont mess em up in doing this! :)


1. Name a career you would not Not want to do and tell why?


I couldn't do Pediatric OT. While I work in the field now, and I have always been in health care, I don't think I could handle working with children with profound complications in everyday life...I would be afraid to have my own, I would worry about the current one I do have, and it is just so so so terribly sad watching a child struggle through life. I love working in my field of Occupational Therapy...but I like the older population...it may sound bad, but they have lived their lives and have some amazing stories to go with it! Children have not had that opportunity yet...and some may never have it. :(



2. Whats the best present you ever received for your birthday?

My hubby always makes my birthday special. Makes something gourmet at home; appetizer, entree, and dessert (oh he can cook...trrruuuusssttt me), finds a sitter for the kiddo, and we just do movie night at home...cuddling on the couch with a glass of wine. I have gotten some pretty cool gifts with not being my b-day...He will randomly pick a day and make it "Nikki-Day" and surprise me with flowers, dinner, and lil stuff like that. I got a star (like actual named a star in the sky for me...novelty yes...romantic...totally!) for our anniversary one year... I think what I love so much about it, is that we dont put too much emphasis on just one day...every day is special. :)   (okay...you can go puke now from all the lovey-ness...lol)



3. What do you hide behind?

OHHHH! I so hide behind my weight. I make it the reason for everything. People would be nicer if I was thin, People would talk to me, hold the door for me, wouldnt be rude, I would get a better job, I would be promoted faster...ect. I am terrified about when I lose more weight, what if I still dont like ME...as in a post I did this week, it scares the piss outta me that I have always been so unhappy and hiding behind this weight...what will come of me when it is gone? I mean, I know I have WAY more self esteem now than I did when I started this journey...and I think that is they key...maybe it never was my weight....it was my lack of self confidence and self belief that I was hiding from...hmmm...



4. Where were you born?

I was born in Norristown, PA...which is a suburb outside of Philadelphia. When I was 6 weeks old my parents moved me to Marlborough, MA which is about 45 mins outside of Boston...when I was 7 (almost 8) we moved to FL...and I was pretty much there until I went to Job Corps and then went back...now I am in Hawaii...which is seeming a bit more like paradise, since a certain someone will be back soon!


5. Which comment affected you greatly?

I think all the comments on my blog about the break-through I had affected me most. Realizing that I am not the only one...not that I shoulda thought I was....but I am a bit self-centered and selfish at times...The support and the positivity from you all still amazes me everyday. I may not always come out and say thanks....but I think it...everytime I get a comment e-mailed to my CrackBerry...I smile and thank ya'll.
 
 
 
Homecoming delayed a bit...stupid stupid backups from the volcano...I will let ya'll see some pix after I get him!!
 
xoxox,
Nikki
 
 
PS- I didn't mess up my nails! YAY! lmao

1 comment:

  1. NO NO DELAYS! Doesn't he know we're all waiting for him for you? Great answers!

    ReplyDelete