So you do what you can...make lemonade...
Sometimes life then likes to piss in your lemonade and just ruin it all...
I have had a heck of a lot going on...
I HATE moving...but what do I hate more than moving? Not feeling safe and crappy schools...
I have been trying to figure out a way to move out of where I do. It is post housing...but it is not located directly on Schofield or Wheeler...which is where the hubbs is stationed out of...its a good 20 mins away. We have NO gate guards. MPs take forever to get out here...and the school my child goes to, well, it sucks...it is bad. =/
We were gonna move off post...into town. Found a spot...good school, lots of military ppl live there...it would work. Then I got the bomb that we wont have the money that we were expecting until AFTER I get back from summer...B-L-A-H.
That and well, we cannot afford another vehicle. Whether we stay where we are or move into town...we would be required to purchase another car. So I can take kiddo to school, go to my DR appts, meetings, walks and all that jazz...and do that hubby can get to work.
I dont mean that we can't afford another payment...of course we cant afford that...but we cant afford to even get a lil beater car for point A to B. The additional costs of insurance, gas, oil changes and all that....just not gonna happen. Not with having to spend more than $7,000 a year in court ordered travel with Kali back and forth to her moms in NC. We havent saved ANYTHING during this deployment...and they make more while on deployments...I am worried about when he comes home...what are we gonna do?
I am trying to get them to do a move-over...where they take me from this housing community to another...closer to where he works...so he can ride a bike. I have been told that this doesnt usually happen, and that they have denied people in the past because of financial reasons...its not like I blow my money...I wish I had money to spend on shit I don't need..but I have to feed, clothe, and take care of my family...and this includes all this travel...sorry if I dont want to go to jail for kidnapping!! (which is what happens if we DONT travel) I am contacting Rear Detachment today to see if they can assist in any way, I am hoping and praying and crossing all my fingers that something works out...if not...I will contact the Navy Housing Office...they have a lil patch on Wheeler that is their housing...tell the army people to SHOVE it and I will take my BAH elsewhere...so they just loose all that money.
I do have some GREAT news though...
My honey is coming home 5 days early!!! (I will change my countdown!)
He wasn't gonna tell me...he was just gonna show up. Can you believe that?! He was just gonna show up...I woulda had a heart attack. I got a new dress and everything to go get him...although, I did tell him not to tell me when he leaves Kuwait...so it will still be a surprise...he told me he will take me to a fancy dinner so I can wear my dress...
I may have the band...but gourmet food still wins my heart!!!
OH! I totally almost forgot...
I went to the gym today...so my lady station is feeling MUCH better....
and I got on the EVIL machine known as the elliptical.
Now, I know it is low impact, better for you...blah blah blah
But last time I was on it...I lasted a whopping 3 mins before I about keiled over and DIED. (this was also a few years ago...I was traumatized...never went near another one...)
Today...
I lasted 17 mins!!
I still stopped at that point, because my lungs and my heart felt like they were going to explode...and it was only on a resistance of ONE....but...
Thats a whole 14 mins longer! YAHOOOO!
Okay...I am working on my awards stuff...I will post that later today!
xoxox,
Nikki
I am so happy for you that your DH is coming home earlier than expected!!! Make sure to take pics of you and your hunny all gussied up :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the housing/car situation. But excellent about DH coming home sooner! PICS!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo - he's coming home earlier! YAY YOU!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your hubby is coming home early!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about your situation, but is there any way that Kali's mom would be willing to meet you half way or can she help with some of the travel expenses? I'm sure you have already thought of these things and I don't mean to pry.
Screw the lemonade and make a martini!!
Congrats on your hsuband coming home early. If you're looking for a nice restaurant, I really suggest Haleiwa Joes up on the North Shore (casual but nice) or Roy's Hawaiian Fusion (www.roysrestaurant.com). They have a locaton down in Waikiki across from the Halekulani hotel and also a location in Hawaii Kai. A bt expensive, but worth it for a nice dinner and for you to wear your pretty dress! :) great job on the elliptical!
ReplyDeletei have so many thoughts on this blog of yours. first, i'm glad to hear that your man is coming back early. that's always awesome news. and i totally feel you on the whole freaking out if he just showed up thing. i was worried about that when mine was deployed last summer. like what if he just showed up and i was looking rough or something? that woulda been horrible. we gotta look our best when they get back, ya know?
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about the living situation issues. i can also relate to that. we live off base due to the schools for on base kids being not very good and i want my kids in good schools. it sucks being broke (we are currently a one income family) and i cannot imagine having to pay for all that travel for your kid to visit her mom. that's insane! way expensive! does the mom have to help with that at all?
you did great with that elliptical today. i been working on mine for a few days now and am just now getting to where 15 minutes doesn't totally wipe me out. lol
Ack on the housing situation. It's always scary when you start somewhere new.
ReplyDeleteNice though about the exercise. You rock. AND the fact that DH is coming home early. That's the best news of all!! Knock him out sunshine.
That living situation must be very stressful for you. We've been in a similar situation years ago. So annoying. It felt like we would never get out of there. But Your love is coming home!! and you even have a new dress!! WOOHOOOO ♥♥♥
ReplyDelete