I was watching a show on Style Network called "Too fat for fifteen". Their parents pay an arm and a leg to go to this weight-loss academy...there they have school academics, phys ed, counseling, dietary, n all that stuff...they are accountable to all these staff members from different areas of the campus...after a certain period of time n 'positive behavior' they are allowed to leave campus n go out with their family...some even get to go home on the weekends. The ultimate goal is to have them stick to the program when they are gone...
Some of these kids are totally on it, and rock when they get home...show their parents about what they learn n how they have changed their behaviors. Others go hog wild...eating pizza, fries, chicken fingers, cakes, candies...ect. They get back n realize how bad their time away has been...by an increase on the scale.
Watching this, I had a moment where I realized that I did better with choices n tracking when I was getting ready for surgery...when I had to go to nutrition every 2 weeks. I think because I had someone looking at my stuff...tellin me what was good n what was bad.
Do I know what I need to do? Yes. Am I still working on tracking n making wiser choices? Yes. Was it easier when I was accountable to others? Definately!!
I think I may make an appt to go into see Ben. I may get fussed at...I am about 95% sure I will..but I need to make this work for me. I need to put pride aside n do what is right for Nikki.
I have been feeling yucky, nauseated n all...I think that I may be getting sickies...booooo!
Hope y'all are having a good week so far!
xoxox,
Nikki
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.5.2
I DVR that show. Ha. :)
ReplyDelete