Monday, October 25, 2010

Emotional Monday...

Today was my first real official OB appointment.

They did the lovely lady exam...ya know something....I don't think in the 10 years I have been having these things done that there was a doctor that made me as comfortable as he did...or maybe it was the fact that my husband was in there too...LOL. Yes, hubby was in there for all of it...I think he has a new appreciation for what us lovely ladies go through...especially seeings as he knows I was having these things done every 2-3 months in addition to biopsies for about the first 2 years of our relationship....


Today, however, everything was made real...

I heard my baby's heartbeat. WOW!

I recorded it on my cell phone so I could play it for my mom and my sister. I cried. I looked over at my hubby and just teared up. It is the most amazing sound I have ever heard. I am still on cloud nine.

I am also up to 235. I have decided that this is okay. I don't really care too much, sounds bad, but I am not trying to stress out over weight gain. As long as I don't go over 250, I will be okay in my mind. LOL. My nutritionist can bite me. I know he means well, but I was 234 when I saw him 3 weeks ago...and to only gain 1 pound since then...no big deal. Yes, I had made it down to 232...but I also wasn't eating because of the nausea. (Which I got meds for today!! YAHOOOO!!!) When I feel like eating, I eat...if I don't I still make myself eat. Gotta do what I gotta do for the baby.


I gotta go figure out what in the world we are gonna have for dinner...so, off til later!

xoxox,
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Unreal! Its so exciting hearing babys heartbeat for the first time. Did you get pics as well?

    ReplyDelete