Friday, October 22, 2010

Glucose Test...

This morning I went and did my first (of many, I am sure) prenatal blood work-ups. The kind lady behind the counter asked me if I was also here to do my 1 hour glucose test...I figured I don't do much else so I stuck around.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

They gave me a 'drink'. It was literally like Sunkist syrup without the added bubbly water combination. It actually didn't taste too bad, other than being like uber sweet...

I knew this wasn't going to end well. The main trigger for my morning sickness is super sweet stuff...so not even 15 mins later...I want to hurl. =( Lady behind the counter tells me that if I do...I just have to drink more of said drink... 

UGH.

I tough it out. I play on FaceBook on my phone. I play Bejeweled and bubble burst on my phone. I text back and forth with my hubby. Finally after the stupid hour goes by I go get the blood drawn.

Who in their right man let this man stick needles in people?! 

Like he was fishing in my arm...now, let me explain something...you can SEE my veins. They don't roll. I am such an easy stick that I think I could do it myself!!!

Finally he got it and he took like 7 tubes of blood...2 little purple ones, a tiny grey one, a pretty pink one, and like 3 big huge orange ones. LOL. 

I got home and ran for the bathroom...finally orange drink was out of my tummy! YAY!

I ate breakfast...felt a little better...but was sleepy as usual in the morning...so I go to lay down...

I proceed to play a back and forth game with the calling of the dinosaurs and laying down. 

As much as I am singing to the toilet lately...most of the time nothing comes up...its just like a ton of sliming...thank goodness. I don't know if I could handle so much vomiting and then having my lovely band swell up and not be able to eat!!! 

Monday I get to hear my baby's heart beat...I am SOOO excited for this! I *may* get an ultrasound for size and dating because of my WLS...I am hoping so, I want a lil picture of my baby sooner than December! I also will be getting meds to help with the nausea...

This weekend will be pretty chill. Nothing much planned.

 I have managed to stay around 233-235...which is fine with me...on the days that I feel like eating I do...and I do realize I should be making better choices...but I think I will live and be okay...

xoxox,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww that orange stuff is brutal, but I tolerated it better than the lemon-lime kind. UGH!

    Hearing the heartbeat will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated that orange drink.. Why can they not make it taste a bit better. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh - so exciting. Even the crap bits like nausea must feel ok when you know that a little bubba is making it happen!

    ReplyDelete