flat on their asses.
In the rain. After twisting their knee, which resulted in a ligament strain, crutches, and a non-weight bearing status.
Yep, it happened this morning. I was getting ready to walk with Kali to school and needed to get an umbrella because it was getting a little drizzly. Apparently, my body had other ideas!! I slipped, twisted my knee, and fell flat on my ass.
In the rain.
With a 6 year old dressed up as Snow White, flipping out because her pregnant mommy is in the dirt, crying, and sobbing obscenities on how stupid she is. (me stupid...not the 6 year old. LOL)
I will say, she did offer to help me up...and it made me laugh, because she is a whopping 45 pounds...
We waited for Daddy to get back from PT...who then took her to school. He came back and picked me up. Literally. My hubby is 5'2" and weighs like 130 pounds...and somehow he picked me and my 235 pound ass up...God I love this man!!!
Sat in the ACC (Acute Care Clinic) on base for like 2 and 1/2 hours to be told that they can't do x-rays or give me any pain meds...because of the pregnancy. So Dr. dude played around with my knee and has diagnosed it as a ligament strain. Gave me a pair of crutches. I already had a knee immobilizer. Dude told me to be non-weight bearing to toe-touch weight bearing until Wednesday when I go back for my follow up.
Now, I have done this song and dance before. I have had knee surgery from playing this game. But the NEW part of this...is I get to heal without the aid of vicodin or any sort of narcotic pain medication. Me and Tylenol are friends...although it doesn't do much. I dont think I ever realized how well narcotics work.
I am gonna go take my throbbing self to lay down, Hubby is out with some friends for a birthday of their co-worker who has had one heck of a week...so I am glad that he gets to go out..we were all gonna go..but yeah, those plans fell through...or down. LOL.
xoxox,
Nikki
Feel better momma! I know pain relief is very lacking when your pregnant. I found that ice packs help alot with cutting down on pain!
ReplyDeleteTake care of you! So glad you are okay.
ReplyDeleteSheesh. Why does everything happen at once. That knee sounds like its going to be sore - be good to yourself and look after it. :)
ReplyDelete