Wednesday, November 3, 2010

13 weeks down...27 to go...

Yesterday officially started my second trimester.

12 weeks totally down...only 27 more to go...

I just got back from my follow up appt for my knee...which, was pretty much uneventful like the trip to the ACC was on Friday. The swelling is still too much to send me to physical therapy without the possibility of doing more harm then good. I was told to take it 'easy'...I told her I had been...a little cleaning and cooking here and there...nothing really outside of the house...oh no. She told me to lay up. Have my husband spoil me, pamper me, cook, clean, and do all that jazzy stuff...she said we would rather me be laid up and have hubby do it all than to have me keep aggravating it and then it doesn't get better and in a few months when my belly is huge I am in so much pain I can't do anything. 

I understand. I do. But right now, my job description is HOUSE WIFE. Can't be a house wife if I am laid up...I guess it will give me plenty of time to get certain forms and paper work done for the hubbsters though. -sigh-

I go back in 2 weeks, hopefully I will be able to go to physical therapy after that...although, I HATE physical therapy. I have been so many times I could probably do their jobs for them...that and being an OTA I have worked so closely with GOOD physical therapists that from what my hubby tells me about these quacks I am going to lose a few screws....

I had my nutrition appt on Monday. That was pretty much the same as it always goes...more fruits and veggies...atleast 3 colors a day...exercise if you can (pending what dr lady said today)..make better food choices...leave fast food alone- it is the devil...no more ice cream...

Yes, I have officially been eating all the BAD stuff that I am not supposed to...well, that any bandster is not supposed to...we all know that chips, pop, ice cream, ect...is all empty calories (apparently ice cream does NOT count as a dairy option for the day!!). I got fussed at for not tracking all the time...it almost seems like it was easier PRE surgery when I had to make myself totally accountable or they were gonna tell me no and kick me to the curb.

I, too, am full of shit. I say I am gonna change...I do well for a week or two...and then cave. I give up. I get into moods where I just dont give a rats behind. I will, however, be making an honest effort to add in those fruits and veggies...if anything for the health of said baby...because frankly it is totally a texture issue at this time..that and yogurts...I am having some food aversions to things that I love...now if only I could develop one for chocolate and ice cream...we would be GOLDEN! =D

So all-in-all I am healing up...slowly but...hopefully surely! I, once again, managed to get yelled at for my eating habits...

And people get this misconception that life post-banding is EASY....LMFAO. Riiiiiiiight. I wish I had a doctor that was more aggresive with fills though...I am still only at 5cc...granted I can't get anything now because of baby...but still...I had surgery in February...I was atleast expecting to be at 7cc...oh well.

Until next time!

xoxox,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment