As of right now I am 17 weeks and 4 days. I had a doctor's appointment on the 24th, the day before Thanksgiving...everything is going well...baby is moving all over the place...we found this out when the doc went to check the baby's heart rate and he found it...then the baby would move...so we would find it again...and it would move again...like a game...then baby said "enough" and kicked the probe that the doc was using to find heart rate...yeaaaah...that was a weird feeling. First time I was sure that it was baby movement...a totally surreal moment.
I have started to feel movement here and there...baby will bump into things (I am not sure what it is hitting...so whatever) and it will freak me out a bit....kinda almost feels like gas bubbles...or bubbly guts when you eat something that doesn't agree with you...minus the pain and running to sit on the throne afterwards....
I have an appointment on Dec 20th for my ultrasound...I am hoping and praying that baby will cooperate and we will know what it is...so I can start with some name action...and some "lil guy" or "lil missy" ect...
A few days before Thanksgiving my weight went up to about 240...which, honestly...I was totally okay with. I am pregnant...I know my nutritionist says to only go up to about 243 total...but when you want to eat every fried thing in a 12 mile radius...and you crave Dr. Pepper like it is crack...its kinda hard to see that happening. This morning I was back down to 236.7...which is cool too...but I have also been feeling a little ill...so I hadn't been keeping stuff down...I had a 3 day tummy bug...but that's okay...whatever...
I have determined that I am going to enjoy my pregnancy...while I don't plan on eating myself into fat oblivion...I do plan on allowing myself to have things when I want them...in moderation. My band, luckily, has been helping a lot lately with portion control, I have more restriction now than I did when I first found out about baby...go figure huh?
I have had to buy all new clothes...maternity stuff...my clothes stopped fitting, and I refused to buy a size up...so I just went with all maternity clothes, with panels and bellys that will allow me to expand. :) I went to Old Navy yesterday and I am a maternity size 16...which it totally awesome to me...because I was borderline Old Navy regular 16's...yes, I realize there is a difference....but when you feel huge, and have to tell yourself that it is all for the greater good because you have been in weight-loss brain for so long...seeing a 1-6 on a tag makes you smile. :) My ultimate goal is to stay out of the plus size maternity stuff...stay in the regular sizes...even if I have to do XL and 16/18...I refuse to go back into plus sizes...whatever the scale may say can bite me...I am totally going by clothes!! (I am such a typical girl...lol)
Not much else is happening...we are having some Christmas Festivities this weekend...Heading home right before Christmas and staying until after New Years...
OH! =) I got my Christmas present from the hubbsters early...I am going to see Cirque Du Soleil- La Nouba in Orlando!!!! I am so so so excited...I have wanted to see this for YEARS, and I never got too...but I do now!! YAY!
Til next time!
xoxox,
Nikki
I AM SOO glad all is well!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of you - glad all is going great!
ReplyDelete