Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 weeks, 4 days, and 16 hours...(Pix!)

That is how long I have left until lil man is supposed to show up! That is...if I make it that long. He has already turned and is slowly beginning his descent into the pelvic area for the whole birth thing to go down. LOL.

5 weeks. HOLY CRAP. Yeah, I am starting to get nervous...and a lil scared. I mean...it's child birth...it is like shoving a watermelon thru a paper towel tube...logistically, it just doesn't work well. But I guess that is why God gave man the ability to invent drugs and epidurals. :) Cuz...man oh man...sign me up!

Baby's room is pretty much done...I will post a few pix below...so y'all can see his room...and WOW...there is a pic of me...all preggie and huge...with my shirt UP...touching my belly...

You see, lil man was going bananas...I think he knew I was finishing up his room (for the most part...still need to hang wall hangings and his name in the letters that I bought)..Sometimes the only way to calm him down enough is to put hands on my belly...so I did...and hubby thought it a good idea to snap a pic...

Ready for the shocker...

I don't hate it! =) I think I am at the point where I am realizing that I am growing a human. I have a baby in my  belly and that baby is going to be out soon...its amazing.

I had my 34week doctor appt yesterday. I am up to 267...according to their scale...but this was also 3PM and after I had eaten lunch n stuff...so who knows. My BP was 116/74...so that was awesome! He is not too worried about the weight gain as I have been retaining a butt-load of fluids...can we say pitting edema...my feet are horrible..and granted while the labs I did are fine and my BP is rockin'...he put me on 6-8 hours of "left and right" bedrest a day. YAY. I get to lay on my side til one goes numb and flip over...all dangon day...how in the WORLD am I supposed to accomplish anything remotely needed?

I guess that is his point though...take it easy before it develops into something bad...I get it...but dang it...its gonna be rough.

Now for pix! :)

Here is the "belly holding" pic...I look rough...but who cares!


From 2011-03-29


Here I am tying the bumper on...hubby let me do this all...as I was not allowed to help with the crib putting together or the rocker assembly.


From 2011-03-29


Here is the "final" pic of the crib set all done. I found the fabric in FL and my best friend here in Hawaii made it all for me! :) She is UBER talented and makes purses/bags/bedding...ect...(I will give y'all a link to her store if you want...she is AMAZING)


From 2011-03-29



Here is a close-up of the bumper, sheets,and crib skirt! I LOVE IT!


From 2011-03-29



I also have a valance...and some wall hangings (which are NOT up yet)


From 2011-03-29


Here I am with the amazing friend who makes the stuff I was talking about! (This was Sunday March 27, 2011)


From Hawaii BabyShower Woodshed


Here is the week prior...in FL...at my baby shower there...this is my Best Friend there...the BFF in FL and Hawaii share the same first name...it makes for a fun time...cuz I remember names now! LOL =)


From 2011-03-19




Alright...that's all I gots for now...I am off to begin my day of bedrest and DVR watching! :)

xoxox,
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. God - I know you're gonna wanna hit me but what I wouldn't give to go on bedrest! HA! You take care of you - I cannot believe how fast it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Congrats on getting the room almost done!

    ReplyDelete