I have purposely been trying to stay off of my blog...It has been a rough week...and today, well, just seems to be even more fun and games.
This may be a LONG post...with, well, lots of fussing and bitching at the end...
I have gone to Labor and Delivery twice this week:
Monday- My dang left foot is swollen...like...pitting edema swollen...AKA...I can poke my finger into it and the indent STAYS...Went in...my BP is fine (106/74), baby is fine, no blood clots...no one knows why. I am just cool like that.
Wednesday- Field trip number two...I had been having that dull achy back pain (that I hear is a sign of the start of labor) and some crampy feelings...so I head in. Come to find out..hahahaha....I had a "super duper yeast infection" that had decided to stay internal and never showed any outward signs (Yes folks, pregnancy totally messes up your body!)...So I got that wonderful pill, and well...I think I can tough out the next 4 weeks without wanting to DIE.
**Side Note** I got to see him on the ultrasound machine...and uh...I have NO idea how the hell that is fitting anywhere out of my who-ha...it just ain't possible!!
OKAY...now on to the ranting and raving part.
Mainstream media is not covering this as much as they should...or in a light that they should...atleast not here in Hawaii. (As I do not live anywhere else, I can only go by what is televised here)
This whole government shutdown is friggin ridiculous.
Normally I don't care. Sad to say it like that, I am aware...but I know what my husband and I signed up for when he took his oath and swore into the United States Army...so most of the time, unless it has a direct impact on my family or friends, whatever the government decides to do is what they decide to do. My husband was not drafted...he willingly joined...I get all that. I do. I am pretty easy going with the whole thing- deployments suck! (being away from someone like that for a year and knowing that they could DIE, well...it blows), housing isn't always fair, people act like they are still in high school...but still...fairly easy going.
Now this whole shut down thing is affecting US. The military. The men, women, and families that fight and sacrifice for the freedom of the idiots in office that are playing around with peoples money and livelihood.
Unless they can get their heads out of their rear ends, the military will not get paid until they come to an agreement..
Yes, I understand people lose their jobs every day. But this is not losing a job. They will still have to report to work. Even those at war...fighting in 120 degree heat during the day and 30 degree cold at night...get to sit and worry if their spouses and children are going to be able to feed themselves...Cuz yeah, you totally want the guys with guns, tanks, and bombs having to worry about what is happening back home instead of focusing on WAR...I can sadly see the death toll of American troops rising if this crap does happen...
It's frustrating and heart breaking all the things that will be affected. Death benefits of those who gave their all for their country-GONE. Pay for those who are currently serving- GONE. Commissary (grocery stores)- GONE. New orders/change of stations-NOPE. But yet we will fund plenty more people going off to war, we have ways to make sure that people go fight for our freedom...but can't give out a way to get their heads outta their asses long enough to make sure that the men and women fighting can get paid!
Granted we still do not know if the shut down will happen for sure..but with 6 hours left...I don't know how the next 6 hours will go. I am sure that my family will be provided for. I have faith in GOD...not man. God will provide all my needs...maybe not how I want...but we will be provided for. :) There are people that don't have a savings...that live paycheck to paycheck....that don't know what they are going to do if this happens...
I have to get off here...before I jump to conclusions...and bug out...
But I can promise there will be another post...HOPEFULLY one saying that this crap didn't happen!
xoxox,
Nikki
Well I'm glad the gov't didn't shut down for your sake. And you poor thing about going to L&D twice. I hope these last few weeks go super fast for you!
ReplyDelete