Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Come into the light...

So my name isn't Caroline...but dang it, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

After my escapades in Labor and Delivery last week and my super duper yeast infection killing pill...I must say...I don't totally loathe this pregnancy thing anymore...it is tolerable...

I. Am. Just. Drained.

Zonked.

Tired.

Exhausted.

All the time. I know it is more than likely my body telling me to rest for the whole child birth thing that is coming up...(Yeah you like how I am all nonchalant about it...when frankly I am running around inside my head like a mad woman)..but jeeeeez. I haven't got the energy for anything anymore. Sitting up is getting harder...not the act of..that as been rough...I mean the actual just sitting there...lil dude is gettin big enough that his punk butt is all up in my lungs and my who-ha all at the same time! (so it feels) So this sitting stuff sucks. =/

Today I am offically 36 weeks. I am at the point that if I were to go into labor they would not stop it. I would, and could, give birth at any time. HOLY COW. =)

I have been having dreams...like...bringing home baby dreams. Weird, paranoid, crazy like dreams...well, maybe not so much weird and paranoid...I have never done this baby thing before...Hubby has..THANK GOD.

The other night I had a dream that he wouldn't latch on...I plan on breast feeding...and the only part of my dream I remember is that he would not latch on...which caused me to cry in my dream...which funny enough (or not)...made me cry in my sleep...only reason why I know this is cuz my pillow was wet...and it was too high up to be drool. (lol)

Last night I had another one...this time I couldn't figure out how to bathe him. REALLY?! It's a baby...who is wicked smaller than I am...and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to bathe him...then it was I couldn't remember where I put the diapers...mind you...I think I have over 300+ diapers in this house right now...but I will be darned if I could not find a single one...

Is this normal?!? Someone...anyone...just tell me yes and make me feel better...I am totally kidding...don't lie to me! (maybe a lil bit...LOL...)

I have already decided that I am getting an epidural...that has been the plan for a few years now...even before we planned on having kids...I know my pain tolerance SUCKS...and I am not gonna attempt to be Super Woman and do this thing natural...

Just ain't happenin like that!!

Only way it would...is if for some reason I am not in labor long enough to get one...which at that point...please pray for me...I will need it! (Yes, everyone says fast labor is great...but I. don't. do. pain...at all)

I think I pretty much have everything for baby...I need to go get stuff like wipes, pacifiers, and baby wash...but that is really it...We have been blessed enough to have 3 baby showers (1 back in FL and 2 here in HI) and his people at work may be throwing another one...It's insane...if I ever had any doubt that I was loved...well...knowing that this is my first child...and I have only had to come out of pocket 210 bucks for baby stuff should tell me something...people really do love me and care!! :)

Well...I am outta here for now...nap time...kiddo is already on the bus!

xoxox,
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Girl, those dreams are soooo normal! LOL, you're bringing back memories for me. You have every right to be scared, it's a big change, but you'll do fine. The epidural is a little slice of Heaven, I totally agree with that decision, and...my labor was really fast, but I had the epidural anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I had tons of vivid dreams when pregnant. I hear it's very normal. I'm soooo excited. Are you taking a laptop to the birth so you can blog immediately with pictures? HAHAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up! And yes I had the craziest dreams when I was pregnant. No fear totally normal. I even called my ob/gyn emergency line in tears. But you will be fine!

    ReplyDelete