Wednesday, April 13, 2011

36 weeks...and 30 pounds...

I stepped on the scale this morning...against my better judgement that is.

I have taken this whole concept of I was not supposed to be able to ever have children of my own. I was told by, oh, I dunno...3 or 4 doctors...had tests done...no one knew why...just stuff wasn't working. Then to my very happy surprise I found out in September that we were expecting...

In the beginning, I will admit...I was planning on only gaining the recommended 11-15 pounds for someone in the obese categories...but then...I think I got irritated with everyone (nutritionist) telling me that I was doing it wrong and yada yada yada...man, I was HUNGRY...I had no restriction, and frankly...I was HUNGRY. So I decided to remove myself from that situation...

I then took on the theory that, well, I am going to enjoy this pregnancy. I am gonna eat whatever the heck I want.

And I have been. If I want chicken nuggets...I eat em. If I want coke...I drink it. Ice cream, chocolate, hummus and pita chips, fries...yeah...all that BAD stuff.

With the little bit the band has been doing for me...I have managed to only gain 30 pounds...and that is at the highest weight...it fluctuates depending on water retention because of my lovely swelling. :)

On average, after birth, you lost about 24 pounds...between baby, fluid, blood, placenta, ect...so that will really only put me at 6 pounds gained.

Not to dang shabby if I say so myself!

I am officially nesting...but...jeez. I cant do much because I am on bedrest restrictions for my swelling. It SUCKS.

xoxox,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment