Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holy Huge Belly! (37 week pic!!)

37 weeks is considered full term....so I am officially ready for this lil man to make his appearance ASAP.

Looking back, I cannot believe that it is pretty much over. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant...much less that I should really be preparing for this whole birth thing. I am due May 10th...and have an induction date of May 16th...if he does not show up before then...that'll be the day (or the day after...depending). Everyone around here is saying I am gonna go May 3rd...the full moon...because that's just how it works I guess.

I am totally okay with that...so I plan on walking alot the day before, having lots of "grown up time", and eating spicy foods...I am getting this dude OUT. I can kinda tell he has dropped some, cuz I can breathe!!

My BP is a little up though, and this swelling crap is ridiculous. I look like I got sausage feet. :( It's not a sexy look...and I will be darned if I don't miss shoes. LOL. I think my Dr. said that if my BP stays up, we will induce sooner...I don't know, honestly, how I feel about that.

On one hand- I want him OUT...I can totally understand when people say that they are 'over' being pregnant...the last few weeks have just sucked bad!

On the other- I wanna do this the right way...I wanna be the crazy lady that calls her husband 15 times at work and gives him updates on contractions and tells him that I can't do this and that I don't know what in the world I was thinking when I said I wanted this...only to get an epidural and then love the world again...

I was looking at myself in a mirror...in a dang surf shop no less (hubby was getting a rash guard)...and they had a full length mirror...so I snapped a pic...HOLY BELLY.


From Mobile upload

(I am sure the skinny bikini girl in the background is NOT making me look or feel any smaller...but eh!)

Not much else to say really...all baby related right now...kinda hard not to be...its SO CLOSE!

xoxox,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Hey I think you look great for being so pregnant! I had to be induced early for every single one of my 4 kids because of high bp. It is no fun, but at least you get to meet your baby sooner! Good luck with everything. I am thinking if you are having BP issues now it may be sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great. I can't believe that you are 37 weeks already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you and hope all continues to go well. You are almost there - you will meet your baby boy before you know it and all this uncomfortableness will be a distant memory. I'm just so happy for you and hope that these last two weeks don't take too much more out of you. (Two weeks figuring on May 3rd.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nikki!! I am so happy for you! And your little man will be born in just a little while! We can't wait to hear all about it, and see the pics of him!

    ReplyDelete