Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Surgery Thursday....

Yesterday I went for floroscopy and they found the leak...and the fact that my band only had like 2 CC's in it! They filled my band all the way up to 10CC's so that they could find the leak...MAN...I felt it go tight around my stomach...he then took me down to like 7CC's and said that if it is comfortable, that should be what real restriction feels like...then he took me back down to my 5 that I should have had in there...the leak seems to be where the port and the main section of tubing meets...its about...3 inches down from the port I would say...it kinda disconnects like tubing would I think...

So they are going in and replacing that section...should be minimal stuff...but it is surgery none the less!! Thursday morning I am getting it fixed...If there is an additional leak (he is gonna check the whole thing to make sure!) that is further down, then he will have to remove my band and I will have to do either another band, or a different surgery at a later date...I would have to be on island for atleast 6 weeks post-op...and well...I won't be, so he can't do it...which is fine. I don't think there is another leak...I didn't see one yesterday...so we will be hopeful for just the one.

I am excited to make this thing work...because before baby, I was doing pretty well...I was like 40 pounds down before I got pregnant...seems some time during my pregnancy something happened to the band...eh.

I will keep yall posted!

xoxox,
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. wow that is good they found the problem. Hope surgery goes well so you can get back at this journey..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been MIA for a few days and just checked in...I see that your Surgery is tomorrow!! Good luck in that there is only the one leak, and it is fixed! I will be thinking of you, let us know that all went well...

    And I can't believe that Tacari is already 4 1/2 months old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad they found the problem and hopefully It's an easy fix.... You're in my prayers. *M*

    ReplyDelete